Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #21
chris138
donkey roper

I wear waders every sesh, no matter what. Trunks under when its warm, thermals under when its cold.

The trick is, don't fall off your kayak into the dangerous shark infested waters of la jolla.

Somewhat related side-note: It seems that fishing from a proangler is much more risky than any choice of pants you can make. Never have I seen such an UNWORTHY ocean going vessel. You catch the smallest wave and flip the thing instantly. Sitting at the launch I've watched 5 for 5 yardsale landing in the PA, and in meager conditions.

1. it cant surf for shit
2. apparently it fills with water as soon as it flips.
3. you cant re-mount it once your in the drink
4. you cant lift it or move it unless you are a gorilla or have a team with you
5. if your drive breaks, it's too wide to paddle

So other than having an old man's chase-lounge seat, and being able to mount a $5000 sonar onto it (which you will destroy as soon as you flip, which is apparently inevitable) whats so "PRO" about it anyway?
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #22
EastLosYaker

Neoprene shorts with booties get the job done when its chilly out there. Farmer John wetsuit is the way to go when its that cold.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #23
YakDout
Brandon

You were about 5 of 5 wrong in your "assumptions" since I'm guessing you don't own one.

It can surf, not as well as other kayaks but I've never flipped in surf.

Apparently it fills with water when it flips? Not sure how since all the hatches are the same as other boats if not better? Not sure where you're getting that info.

Can't remount? I've practiced with no problems at all. Not sure where that one comes from either.

Can't move it? Wrong again. Never had anyone help me load or wheel my kayak to the beach. No problem at all. Just takes practice

Drive breaking? If you take care of your stuff and are ready with spare parts should be no problem. I'm not saying I want to paddle it, but I haven't really had to yet.

Hit the nail on the head when you said lounge seat though.

As far as saying it's not ocean worthy? Have you ever been on one in the ocean, because for me personally, the most stable kayak I have owned.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #24
chris138
donkey roper

You're right I don't own one as I would never spend that kind of money on a kayak, especially a turd like that.

I'm mostly referring the recent videos and testimonies in which one of our own comrades nearly died for one simple reason, a poor design.

But i guess if you have $4000 to spend on a kayak, losing a couple grand in gear at the launch doesn't seem that bad.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #25
YakDout
Brandon

Hey my kayak is white not brown, you can't call it a turd. And I'm sure people have almost died on the kayak that you own also. It's just that they only made 10 of that crappy design so that's why people don't post it. 😉
Old 10-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #26
chris138
donkey roper

ya ya... i shouldn't be bad mouthing the PA. My x-factor is kind of a turd too... but i can still get it inthe barrel Maybe I'm just jealous because I cant afford one hahaha

But still that video was a real eye opener. The waders were very obviously the least of tony's concerns.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #27
YakDout
Brandon

Well you definitely won't see be barreling my PA 14 anytime soon. I have to admit my revo was much less intimidating and much more fun in the surf zone. But since I spend 95% of my day past the surf zone, it's ok. Back to the wader problem. I knew a guy who flipped on a kayak with waders. He was out alone and his waders filled up with water and he almost drowned. Personally if it is summer time I'm trunkin it and winter time wearing dry pants and dry jacket.