Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
StinkyMatt

Why would you be upset and give them some unkind words. Everyone knows that it was a mistake. If you got one, a very lucky break.

What's the "right" thing here?
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #42
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Why would you be upset and give them some unkind words. Everyone knows that it was a mistake. If you got one, a very lucky break.

What's the "right" thing here?
When I say unkind words, I may have exaggerated, I only let them know my displeasure in getting my hopes up with the first email and then dashing them. There is really nothing we can do or say here except that which I mentioned.
I would disagree with you kindly that everyone knew it was a mistake. I didn't, when placing the order. Only after the fact when Amazon notified us and said they would honor one reel per order and that they had made a pricing mistake. Only to later change their decision again to none.
This isn't some Bible camp decision here about "what is right". It's strictly about business and how a business conducts itself with it's customer.

Last edited by CR Yaker; 06-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #43
FishNinjaY

I've overheard people talking about this Amazon price error deal at Sav-on Tackle, and again at Turner's another time. They must have lost TONS of money over this error. I say bravo Amazon for even honoring 1 of the reels. They could have just said "NO", and cancelled all of them. Seems like a fair response on their part, to me. Wish I caught it. Oh well..
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #44
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNinjaY View Post
I've overheard people talking about this Amazon price error deal at Sav-on Tackle, and again at Turner's another time. They must have lost TONS of money over this error. I say bravo Amazon for even honoring 1 of the reels. They could have just said "NO", and cancelled all of them. Seems like a fair response on their part, to me. Wish I caught it. Oh well..
Did you miss my earlier post? Amazon told me tonight that "ALL" orders will be canceled in due time. No bravo to Amazon.

Last edited by CR Yaker; 06-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
joke is over...

I was just teasing about 3 reels ... ...Amazon gave me one Curado for $79 and cancelled my other order with 2 reels...that is fine with me I got a great deal on a reel and a new terez rod -$100 off..

Last edited by Old Man in the Sea; 06-13-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #46
medina760

I'm still in for one plus $25 dollar amazon card and 1 day shipping
medina760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by medina760 View Post
Amazon doesn't charge u till they ship the item.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
When I say unkind words, I may have exaggerated, I only let them know my displeasure in getting my hopes up with the first email and then dashing them. There is really nothing we can do or say here except that which I mentioned.
I would disagree with you kindly that everyone knew it was a mistake. I didn't, when placing the order. Only after the fact when Amazon notified us and said they would honor one reel per order and that they had made a pricing mistake. Only to later change their decision again to none.
This isn't some Bible camp decision here about "what is right". It's strictly about business and how a business conducts itself with it's customer.
Respectfully, have you ever read the fine print in most retail ads? Business have the right to limit quantities (and amount per household which is what sounds like what happened to many people here). They have the right to end a sale @ any time and usually there is a contingency caveat for mistakes like this .
Maybe it's because I know (a little) about the fishing industry, ...but with all due respect do you "seriously" think the cost of a Curado 300EJ IS $80? I knew it was a mistake as soon as it was posted! I ordered 3 but still feel fortunate to still have been allowed to buy one(I almost placed an order for 100 just to sell on ebay & make extra $ . With twitter, IMs and everything I'd hate to be the employee that was responsible for posting that ad, and the $ that Amazon lost. I'm sure SHIMANO didn't offer them a discount for the mistake that was made. SHIMANO will be busy trying to fulfill the extra quantity that Amazon sold and I'm sure SHIMANO had a say in the matter!.
Since I already have 2, If I wanted I could turn around and post on eBay and make a quick $125-150 easy.
Glass half full...I bought a Curado 300EJ FOR $80
JUST MY $.02
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #48
CR Yaker

You guys all think your still getting one reel. But after my conversation with Amazon this evening and she talked with her supervisor, she said I wouldn't be getting any of the reel orders, let alone even one and that all mispriced orders for anyone would be canceled in due time.
I hope she was wrong but I think she was telling me the facts.

I don't disagree that Amazon has a right to cancel all orders but have a slight disagreement when they mislead folks into thinking they are going to get one reel and those folks go out and buy a rod in anticipation, only to find out they are getting nada, zero.

Houston, I think we have a problem.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #49
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
You guys all think your still getting one reel. But after my conversation with Amazon this evening and she talked with her supervisor, she said I wouldn't be getting any of the reel orders, let alone even one and that all mispriced orders for anyone would be canceled in due time.
I hope she was wrong but I think she was telling me the facts.

I don't disagree that Amazon has a right to cancel all orders but have a slight disagreement when they mislead folks into thinking they are going to get one reel and those folks go out and buy a rod in anticipation, only to find out they are getting nada, zero.

Houston, I think we have a problem.
That's news to me...the last message I received from Amazon was that they were going to honor one per person. If they changed their mind "again" to cancel all orders, I'll be having a discussion with SHIMANO , since they have a say in the order and might have canceled the order due to demand (hence the ship dates I've seen posted) and don't want to sell the quantity that has been ordered @ that kind of loss.
If these orders do get canceled this will be the biggest cluster_____I've ever seen from them that I'm aware of.
Nobody will win, everyone will lose!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
That's news to me...the last message I received from Amazon was that they were going to honor one per person. If they changed their mind "again" to cancel all orders, I'll be having a discussion with SHIMANO , since they have a say in the order and might have canceled the order due to demand (hence the ship dates I've seen posted) and don't want to sell the quantity that has been ordered @ that kind of loss.
If these orders do get canceled this will be the biggest cluster_____I've ever seen from them that I'm aware of.
Nobody will win, everyone will lose!
FFY
You are correct. Remember all those messages we receive from Amazon are computer generated. I trust my personal conversation with a representative more than those messages. Would someone else please contact an Amazon representative and confirm or contradict my findings with them?
Thanks
Mark
Old 06-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #51
medina760

I contacted them like 2 days ago, they said I'm gonna be able to get 1.
medina760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #52
Raskal311

If we had made this less public to keep the order amount low as a couple of us had suggested early on I don’t think we would have this issue :S First rule of a price mistake or better then average deals is to never contact the seller. Rule 2 is to keep the ‘deal’ contained until the item is in hand.

Postting on other forums and ordering too many is a no no. Some of us may have ordered one or two but i'm sure retail stores may have jumped on the deal and ordered dozens.

ß Long time slickdeals.net member

On a differnt note I got my Shimano Calcutta today... Yayyy me.

Last edited by Raskal311; 06-14-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Raskal311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #53
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
First rule of a price mistake or better then average deals is to never contact the seller.
That's my experience as well. As a buyer you want to act like it's just a normal purchase and as if you fully expect to receive the item at the price you paid.

My take is that when you purchase something the description of the item is like a contract. The seller is offering the described goods or services at a set price it is their responsibility to honor it.

They can refuse to honor the contract but you don't want to make that an easy option.

If you call them up and say: "Hey this looks wrong, it's a obvious mistake, are you really going to send me this to me?" All you have done is made it easy for them to say: "No it was a mistake we'll issue a refund!!"

I mean I hate to point out the obvious but the customer service people at Amazon can cancel an order and issue a refund at any moment. It's a option on their screen when they pull up your order. In a case like this why wouldn't they cancel it, especially if they think it's not going to be a big issue with you. It's their job to help you to an extent but it's also their job to save the company money. You want those auto generated notices that say this will be shipped shortly, not someone on the phone that can say: OK.... now that looks like a mistake. I'll just cancel this right now and issue you a full refund."

The last thing I would do is call them, or contact them.

In fact the only reason I'd contact them is if I did not get the reel and then I'd call them and tell them I bought a reel at a set price we have a contract and they need to honor that contract if the want my business in the future.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 06-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #54
Raskal311

Main reason not to contact the seller is to not alert the employees of the deal. Many times they would jump the line and take it for themselves.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #55
CR Yaker

There are different ways it could work out. You guys are making up your plot. How about this.
If you did call them and complain about one of your orders being cancelled and enough people made noise then they would think twice about cancelling the single reel they promised.
Whereas, if no one makes any noise, then they figure that they can just go ahead and cancel all orders.

In my case they cancelled other items along with the deal on a single order, I wanted to know why? They then informed me of the cancelling of all orders of the mispriced reel and that I could just reorder, obviously at the higher price.

Story can be molded however we like. Fact is, let's just see if we do get that one reel, long time between now and end of July/August. Really it's no big deal, what's a few bucks when I can be doing this
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #56
Fiskadoro

Quote:
In my case they cancelled other items along with the deal on a single order, I wanted to know why? They then informed me of the cancelling of all orders...
So in other words you put in a multiple reel order. They sent you a notice saying they were only sending you one. You then called to ask about the ones they cancelled and they then after reviewing your order told you they were cancelling all your orders.

I'd say there is a pretty fair chance that those that got the notices that they will get one reel will in fact get one reel and that now after talking to customer service all your orders are cancelled.

The last thing I'd do is call them especially after hearing about your experience.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #57
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
So in other words you put in a multiple reel order. They sent you a notice saying they were only sending you one. You then called to ask about the ones they cancelled and they then after reviewing your order told you they were cancelling all your orders.

I'd say there is a pretty fair chance that those that got the notices that they will get one reel will in fact get one reel and that now after talking to customer service all your orders are cancelled.

The last thing I'd do is call them especially after hearing about your experience.
Okay, let me explain this one last time. Currently I do still have an active order that says I am going to receive one reel solo. What I did call about was a separate order with separate items and one of these reels. This order was totally erased cancelled. The agent spoke with a supervisor and informed me that all orders with the so called "incorrect pricing" would be cancelled in due time including the active order I still have for one reel and that I could go ahead and reorder the items erased with the reel for the correct pricing.
I then expressed my displeasure in this action by Amazon by pointing out to her that they sent out an email informing us of making good on one reel. She then informed me that eventually those orders would also be cancelled.

Agree, it may be best to wait and see if they cancel the last remaining order. If they do, then make noise.

End of story, I still have that one open order like the rest of you but have little faith that we will receive it.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #58
Raskal311

Quote:
There are different ways it could work out. You guys are making up your plot.
Just speaking from many years of finding deals and pointing out the more likely 'plot' based on my experiance. And the canclation started after you called so what I wrote has nothing to do with you or your actions. Main reason why I wrote what I did was to let people knot not to post hot deals on too many forums and order more than what you could use next time a deal comes around.

No need to get upset.

Last edited by Raskal311; 06-14-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Raskal311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #59
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
Just speaking from many years of finding deals and pointing out the more likely 'plot' based on my experiance. And the canclation started after you called so what I wrote has nothing to do with you or your actions. Main reason why I wrote what I did was to let people knot not to post hot deals on too many forums and order more than what you could use.

No need to get upset.
The cancelations did not start after I called. The cancelations had already happened. As far as I know everyone still has an open order for one reel.
I am not upset, I am just trying to be as informative as possible. As Americans I am sure we are all aware of deals and have experience in handling these situations.
As far as a big company such as Amazon, in my experience they strive for customer service and image, so if you did notify them for any reason, the higher up you go the more likely they are going to want to make good on a promise. So go ahead contact them now or later if necessary, I think noise is good. I really don't care at this point for the few bucks I potentially will have saved.

Good advice about keeping the deals quiet. Glad I'm out of the rat race.
All I want to do is

Mark

Last edited by CR Yaker; 06-14-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #60
Raskal311

Quote:
The cancelations did not start after I called. The cancelations had already happened. As far as I know everyone still has an open order for one reel.
I am not upset, I am just trying to be as informative as possible. As Americans I am sure we are all aware of deals and have experience in handling these situations.
As far as a big company such as Amazon, in my experience they strive for customer service and image, so if you did notify them for any reason, the higher up you go the more likely they are going to want to make good on a promise. So go ahead contact them now or later if necessary, I think noise is good. I really don't care at this point for the few bucks I potentially will have saved. All I want to do is

Mark
Sorry I ment before you called... And trust me I know all about Amazon. I'm in a $8000 dispute with them. The higher you go the more unresponsive they get.