Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #61
jorluivil

Looking for fish dope on the internet is like trying to diagnose your illness using webmd

If you want to know where the fish are, go out and find them

If you want to know why you can't get rid of that rash, go see the doctor

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #62
bwana

Greg,

Fantastic video, thank you for sharing. I have watched it multiple times.

It is great to see a WSB free swimming and breezing through bait.

That is one tough rod you have.

The bloody water ending was a nice touch. I half expected to see an open mouth emerge from the depths.

Look forward to your next one,
Mike
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #63
momo fish

Thanks for the info. I do already practice what you mention below but was also trying to use this board as a resource as well. Funny when I started kayaking people at the tackle shop would say to try web boards for good info. There has been some great reports but they are few and far between. Guess the moral of the story is don't ask and don't share anything that could help others in fear they will come poach or catch all the fish. Amazing.

My original question was innocent and just looking for general info before friends of friends started piling on while already benefiting from the same useful info about how dare I ask such a question.

I just don't think claiming to be concerned about a specie while fishing for it day in and out is logical. Assuming the rest don't care is also not logical. I volunteer every week at the WSB pens and educate others I meet about sizes and limits. But hey make assumptions.

Me, I will continue to offer any info to guys I meet, post when I finally get something worth a gaff and help newbies out as I haven't forgotten yet that I used to be one.

Thanks Yanni. Hope to see you on the water in a few weeks when in down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakfisherman View Post
Here's my two cents for Momo Fish and anyone else who isn't on top of things as much as they would like.

There's no secret society. It's just networking with friends. That's all.

The way you make friends is entirely up to you. Sometimes a casusal

chat on the beach, sometimes handing over live squid to someone in their time of need. Sometimes, it's the deckhand you turned on to kayakfishing.

And these friendships are golden.

These friendships take time. It's give alittle, take alittle. Don't be annoying and talk about who you are and what you've done in the distant past on the boards, whether it's facebook or BWE. I'll gaurantee no one will respond,

or just give you vague info.

Momo you'll do just fine. In the mean time, use your resources. Instead of driving up and down the coast, use your phone and call some tackle shops (that you buy from, hint hint) and ask them "where are the squid biting" Good Luck.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #64
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Thanks for the info. I do already practice what you mention below but was also trying to use this board as a resource as well. Funny when I started kayaking people at the tackle shop would say to try web boards for good info. There has been some great reports but they are few and far between. Guess the moral of the story is don't ask and don't share anything that could help others in fear they will come poach or catch all the fish. Amazing.

My original question was innocent and just looking for general info before friends of friends started piling on while already benefiting from the same useful info about how dare I ask such a question.

I just don't think claiming to be concerned about a specie while fishing for it day in and out is logical. Assuming the rest don't care is also not logical. I volunteer every week at the WSB pens and educate others I meet about sizes and limits. But hey make assumptions.

Me, I will continue to offer any info to guys I meet, post when I finally get something worth a gaff and help newbies out as I haven't forgotten yet that I used to be one.

Some of these people were in your shoes a few years ago:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ght=read+lines

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #65
Hunters Pa

Momo, don't take it personal. problem is there are tons of lurkers. post a ghost bite location and in the next day or two the whole PB fleet is there. Same thing happens with lobster honeyholes.

Thank you for working the grow out pens and doing your part.

Most of the people on here get on the water more in a month than I do all year. Every once in a while I get a nugget of info thrown my way, which I am grateful for. Yes, I would love to bring home more fish. But, for me at least, it is about spending time on the water and meeting people that I share the interest with that I would most likely never have otherwise crossed paths with.

I post info I can, and share what I think is worth sharing. This topic comes up every year or so and some people get understandably frustrated that they see pics of the prizes they pursue. I get it. Not going to say how long it has been since I boated a yellow. Yet to get my first kayak ghost. Flatties are hit-and-miss. If it happens with some shared intel, then so be it. But I am not going to count on someone doing the homework for me - and I am not saying you are asking for that.

Keep in touch with people you meet on the water. Share bait, sabikis, whatever. Share where you found a good bait ball of greenbacks fifteen minutes ago and were able to fill your tank.

You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #66
ctfphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
Some of these people were in your shoes a few years ago:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ght=read+lines
WOW, I just read that old thread and I posted as a newbie 3 years ago. What have I learned in three years....

In order of most important ..

Time on the water

Make friends and share fish reports with them

Research on this forum, there is a vast wealth of knowledge on this site.

Learn how to read between the lines on posts and be able to pick up key information. As an example, this thread has some really good information that I learned by just reading it.

Share knowledge with newbies ESPECIALLY the ones you meet ON The Water or at the launch site.

And by far the most important ...... Have FUN !!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Greg awesome video and a very nice tasty fish .....

Last edited by ctfphoto; 06-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #67
momo fish

Had a good laugh after all of this when I picked up the mail and read this in WON. The headline is all the info I needed to start my search.

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #68
driftwood

Momo, I think you're finally getting it. Now go get them!! BTW, That bite has been going on for months. If you didn't know that by now then you're either living under a rock or not getting out enough.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #69
DanaPT

that's funny!

no excuses go fish and come back with a report!
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #70
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post

Maybe I did not make it clear to you, so let me address your response sentence by sentence.
You are welcome for the info as are all where I post it. That is great that you are a fisherman that respects the environment. This forum is a great resource of where and how to fish from a kayak. The tackle shops are right that sites like these are full of good information dealing with kayak fishing. Great reports are posted here, but one mans definition of great does not necessarily mean the same as anothers. People ask me questions all the time by PM. And I try to answer most of their questions to the best of my limited knowledge. I also answered the questions put to me by Aaron&Julie. If you don't think that anyone here has shared any knowledge, then why are you still here?

Many of the people you are referring to did not have the information from me but defended anyway?

Wow, if I fished for WSB every time I went out, the gun would have gone in my mouth long ago. Did I mention that I caught the fish on my Halibut rig? Here is another little tidbit of info for you. Big Halibut hang out around Squid nests too.

I think it is very honorable that you volunteer at the WSB pens. I myself spent all day, after working all night, releasing all the WSB from the pens at Redondo. The only assumption being made by me is that not everyone on this site is going to be as responsible as you might be. And anything I say on the open forum is going directly to the worst of them too.

Me, I will continue to do what I do and not bend to pressure of what others want me to do.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #71
jorluivil

Damn Greg. .........that was awesome.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #72
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Dana Point report
And the required picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (21.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg BestTattooEver.jpg (45.1 KB, 46 views)
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote