Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Spyder

10/10 SD Lobster report

10/10 Yak Hooping

Well, I finally got back out on the yak to do a little hooping Sat. night. It had been a month since I have been able to fish due to working long hours, etc. Almost cancelled again cause I'm fighting a bad cold and shoulder pain. Couldn't let the wingman down again so after a couple hits of Flosnase, a few psuedophed, and a handful of vicodine I was ready to go .

Met up with Sherm around 10:00pm at SI. After stuffing the cages full of primo bonita I scored from Jaydog (thanks again bro) we were off. Alot of boats/skiffs coming in as we were paddling out.

The jetty looked like it was lite up like X-mas so we decided to forgo the long paddle and find our own spot away from the crowd.

First area we hooped produced net fulls of stingrays. After resetting in another spot Sherm pulled a net with bug tails slapping and scored a keeper. I just kept getting freakin stingrays (17 total ). I decided to set a hoop out in deeper water. It paid off because I pulled up my largest yak bug yet along with a couple clickers.

That was it for the evening as far as keepers. Called it a night around 0230. The bay was like glass on the paddle back in.

Was great to get back out on the water after so long even if I only scored the 1 nice keeper. The season is young and we'll explore new spots next time out.

Scott took a few good pics that I'm sure he will post up in the morning.

Peace,

Spyder
Attached Thumbnails
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
Sherm

Here's a couple pics from the other night Jim. Glad you finally got on the water.
Attached Images

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote