Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
maquinapescado

Non-report, report

Goal was to run offshore.

0330 On the way to make bait. Made one greenie and that was it. Based on no bait, decided to stay inshore, wait for grey light and make bait..............never made bait. My compadre or myself.

Trolled the one I had while my compadre trolled the magnum. I hooked the biggest bonehead I've hooked in a while. Over ten pounds. It was was early, so I tossed him.

Found good rock fishing action in 160-185. Not big, but dinner. They look really small in the pics but the inner cover of the PA hatch is 12.5".

1200 Came back in try making bait again and make a last ditch effort for a YT redemption. Nada. Found a little bait, spanish, but at this point of trying to make bait for so long we were over it. I know some people made bait fine, but not us..............

To rub salt in the wound, I tipped my kayak over in knee deep water in 6-12 inch surf, first time ever. Pulled the rudder and mirage and let the waves just push me in lifelessly without paddle in hand. I had my defeated sad face on and was thinking about how I never want to fish again (I'm a bipolar fisherman).

Woke up this morning wondering when my XL bait tank would get here and looking at my work schedule to see when I could fish again. Even though I was like f**k fishing when I went in, you can always reflect on every outing and take something positive home.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
Dannowar

Can't lose motivation on days like that. Done almost ten 100 mile trips looking for tuna and every time I get down but for some reason keep going. That's fishing.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
pingpangdang

Had days like this....same feelings but always out for more. Cold beer in the fridge for times like this.

I've had issues w/ macs too certain days....ton of them everywhere but would barely bite anyones sabiki.

Thought I solved the issue by bringing one dead squid on each trip to tip the sabiki...worked for a little while but then there were days where they were just finicky or hardly in sight.

Read on several other forum posts about bait being tough even for PBrs.

Last trip out I dedicated to testing out new plastics and hard baits. Double digit checkerboards a few legal along w/ some pacific cuda.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
taggermike

"rub salt in the wound"? Sounds like you had a pretty good fishing day tho. Huge bonito, couple o tasty, rock fish, beautiful day, sounds like you were out with a buddy, that's a good day in my book. Dumping your yak sucks, but that's part of the game too. Hopefully you didn't lose any thing. If one slow day on the water ended kayak fishing I'd have sold my stuff a long time ago. Keep up the effort. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #5
SmokinBass

Yeah the same thing happened to me the other day I couldn't make bait to save my life. Keep on fighting the good fight,tight lines!
SmokinBass is offline   Reply With Quote