Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
RK

Beautiful Fish Josh

I like to think of myself as a little retarded chick with a gimp leg that is dillusional in thinking that he is a cage fighting rooster on steroids.

I only wish my ice chest looked like it had an overgrown peacock in it
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
j mo

Gald to know someone still fishes a Revo...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #23
walrus

Well said, Josh.

I'll add this quote:

"The ninety and nine are with dreams content, but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true."

P.S. This was written over one hundred years ago and is not about the occupy movement. However, it was true then and is true now.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
NextBite

Simply Amazing Josh
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
Jimm H

Good Call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Not everyone can be a proffessional guide, and while I sit at my boring job from 5am to 4pm...yes, I will be living vicariously through fine chaps such as yourself on this world wide interspace. While im at it I'll banter. And joke. And gosip like a school girl. And stay light hearted because I don't have a huge stick up my ass.
On the same note, as I leave my job when the bell rings this fine 4/20 I'll be packing up, hitting the road, and doing what it is we do, because this shit is in my bones.
Its easy to classify people. I guess noone should even post on this site since we should all be religiously fishing 7 days a week.
Many of us can't spend 8-15 hours a day sitting on a piece of tupperware looking to hook a fish. For those of you that can, congrats on your independent wealth. I don;t have to worry about you responing because you are still out there fishing and won't have time to read this.

Those many of us that fuel, maintain, or guide the engine that is this country remain at our posts performing the tasks required and viewing the boards periodically.

Congrats on the fish and having the considerable time to put in to catch it.

Last edited by Jimm H; 04-20-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
silverbullet
Crusty Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silverbullet
LMAO.......

Bobby
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
theluckypig

i may be a dodo...
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #28
ericko

Do pigs fly???
Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
steveooo

"God provides enough food for all the birds, but he does not throw it in the nest."

My wife like birds, and feels really sorry for them when they fly into our sliding glass patio door. I tell her that if she really really felt sorry for them, she would move the bird feeder to outside our house I'm sure there is an analogy in there, something about not being able to catch fish from behind Windows or PC's or something like that....

Spring fever is upon us, although it sure looked & felt a heck of a lot like summer today. Nice fish Josh
Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
Monovasia

Well...

What gets me on the water is free time and weather....I am happy for those that caught fish and sympathize with those that got skunked...great sport, lots of fun, cool people, great times...
Old 04-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
roadx

i think im a seagull? you know the one that hangs at the launch, sooner or later they get one. blind luck and patience
plus im always bugging everyone at the launch

NICE fish bro
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #32
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I reread this report umpteen times as I often do when something irks me. I shouldn't be so quick to be defensive. I obviously identify with the the comparisons mentioned do to the fact that I actively participate in the meaningless banter that takes place in these forums. I like to joke, tells stories, lie about fish, basically interact with my kinda people instead of deal with my dumbfck coworkers 60 hrs a week. Then come home and cook and care for a 19month old little girl. So bwe is my only consolation to make me feel closer to the water. If thats not what this site is for then maybe im in the wrong site. I guess your supposed to catch fish, report it and thats it....no wait, that cant be right. Catch fish, dont report it, hold onto the info till the secrets out, then post....this is getting confusing. Ill be at lj tomorrow. if youre a pelican and not to high and mighty to wave at a fucking cormorant, ill be on a green xfactor with a trolling motor doing burnouts in the kelpbeds scaring all the fish away.

By the way josh that is a beautiful fish, jealousy my be partially responsible for the tone of my rant.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #33
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
...Which leaves me with one question: What kind of bird are you?

Well Josh, in some circles, I might be considered a sheep of the black color.

With that said, congratulations on another excellent, and a great write-up!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
yaky yak

With in every profession, or Art, or hobby there are masters, who for reasons us non-masters can't fathom, excel and make it look effortless what they do. You Josh are a Master. Great fish.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #35
Whizz Bang

Squawk!!!

Quote:
I reread this report umpteen times as I often do when something irks me. I shouldn't be so quick to be defensive. I obviously identify with the the comparisons mentioned do to the fact that I actively participate in the meaningless banter that takes place in these forums.......................By the way josh that is a beautiful fish, jealousy my be partially responsible for the tone of my rant.

What happened to this guy????????

Quote:
So is getting bent out of shape when you've been hornswaggled. People need to step down from their moral highground and realize......shits just not that serious

Or, this guy?????

Quote:
And stay light hearted because I don't have a huge stick up my ass.

Unlike JP who, because of the fact that he is a guide, is encumbered by the need to stay somewhat politically correct, I am not. A clue that you may be in the wrong is when your immediate support is this guy….

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR6RR View Post
"Watch out guys, were dealing with a badass over here"

Sonn, AKA GR6RR, who has been on this board all of what? 2 months? If I remember correctly his first thread back in February of this year was trying to figure out if his kayak would float when he put it in the water.
It is neat that you are making friends, both of you, but try not to make too many enemies in the process. I myself am a bit of a smartass, and have a few of both on this site already.

AND….Bumping old posts to confuse or mislead is LAME.

Cue the irate responses.....

Post script: Sorry for the thread jack Josh, I WILL return your fish bag.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #36
taggermike

Was this even a fish report? I caught a fish but I won't say when, where, or how. Josh, thats a hell of a nice fish and good advice about not following the crouds, but maybe doesn't belong in the "fishing report" section. I enjoyed your bird metaphore and found it though provoking. I'm thinking of a blue heron for myself. Maybe we need a "philosophical waxings" area on BWE. Mike
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #37
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Well Josh, in some circles, I might be considered a sheep of the black color.
Turkeys are black, but so are crows. I'd say your more of the former, and I'm more of the latter.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Would someone mind telling me what im "in the wrong" about? And thanks but I dont need "supporters" im not running for office here, just bullshiting on a fish forum. You on the other hand are doing a great job as lobbyist. Next time you should use powerpoint for your presentation. And colorful pie charts.

Are we "fishing enemies" now? Are there any related colors I should steer clear of when clothes shopping and do I need to "watch my back" on the water?

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

and this is what happens when people don't just go fishing....

shut up, grab your yak, head out and fish Or... go back to your awesome life of making this world turn and quit bitching about guys who catch fish.

i worked 94 hours this week... and still fished twice and am going again.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #40
WahooUSMA

Name:  me.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  18.8 KB

Closed Thread