Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
T Bone

Take out the kids!

I just wanted to share some pics of some of the trips I had with my daughter kylie.She will be 7 this March.I had her on her uncle Damon's boat Freelance(My bro is a Capt.) at 4 pinned to the rail with bonita.We have had a blast fishing together on my Kayak this last year and had one day in particular that was insane in NPH,easily a 50 fish day and they were hitting everything.She was fishing plastics while I was catching flatties on the bottom.We had 8 flatties total and 2 legal.We had a bass slam with calicos,spotties and sandies and short WSB as well.She caught at least 5 short 'cuda several with her own cast,wind,grind-all at 6! I gave her the rod with a nice head shaker and she was a little scared but really freaked when I gaffed her first legal halibut.Great day.I see a tandem in our future.I try to load my kayak at night so she doesnt see it when I am going to Dana or LJ.Anyways enjoy.
Attached Images

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
steveooo

Nice T!!! Thats pretty rad that your daughter gets out there with you. I got my tandem with the intentions of bringing my kids out with me someday. The look on her face from the Hali's is priceless.

BTW, Does anyone else hear something whispering "Freelance Mothership" right now!?
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
steamroll

Awesome!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
T Bone

Yes the pregnant Calico was released.I also through in some pics with my son Dylan who will be 3 in May.Also a 70's pic with me and my Dad.We had a center console growing up.Check out the cool loon's nest floating on reeds in 12' water.I am looking to see and hear some of your fishing adventures with your kids.
Attached Images

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
T Bone

BTW that is My dad and brother in the Pic with the squid.Kylies grandpa let her crank up a squid in low gear.She had to use both hands and all her weight to get it to gaff.I gaffed 150+ G-squid that night with over 500 on the boat.There bellies were full of sandbass that should have been spawning.Take no prisoners with those squid.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Sherm

Nice job T-bone. Nothing like fishing with the brats.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
vito
Junior

nice, my little gril whon't fish because she says it harms the fish, so she whon't go with me.
saludos
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
frugalfisher

Very Nice Family and Photos!

I hope you have a Happy New Year with many new fishing adventures!
James
Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
dogzbestfrnd
Junior

the kids

Great pics! And a great reminder to spend as much time as possible building memories with our kids... the time goes by so quickly!
dogzbestfrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Trout
Looks are everything

A few of Niko right before we moved from Oahu. Key was starting with the little ones (but A LOT of 'em) inshore to give him a taste and then move to bigger ones... which you risk not catching. Kids need to catch early on, regardless of size/specie, to keep the interest... just the way it is! Niko is ready for his first ever LJ trip... soon!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #11
RoeBoat

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I see a tandem in our future.I try to load my kayak at night so she doesnt see it when I am going to Dana or LJ.Anyways enjoy.
I have two kids, 6 and 10, and we have blast fishing NPH from our Ocean Two XL. I sit in the middle seat and there is a seat for each of them stern and bow. The nice thing about this yak, unlike other tandems, is that when I am by myself I sit in the middle and it handles great.
RoeBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
T Bone

Just wanted to rehash this thread.All the pics with my daughter and I are things that I hope to get to do with my son.

Thanks again Jim and Matt as well as everyone who participated in the Steve Moyer memorial tourney this year.Enjoy time spent with your children,you will never regret it...