Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
joezee1986

No Skunk Sundays.

Well got the call from Cadillyak friday to fish sunday was kind of hesitant with all the weather warnings but still decided to set up the "man-date" lol. Sunday rolls around and I'm kind of having this gut feeling not to go. Since the kayak was loaded already I said what the hell if it sucks I'll just leave early. Get to La Jolla launch from the shores around 6:25 first grey light met Silbaugh4liberty and Irishman..... easy paddle out past the knee slapping breakers and head for the shallow part of the kelp. Easily setup everything and picking up on a fine mixture of greenies and spanish even damn lizardfish. While trolling around the north side of the kelp I got hit and seen another kid lose a fish trying to reel in all crazy. So after it looked like a walmart parking lot I tell Cadillyak lets try northwest for deeper water so there we go making our way. Made it to 120 feet then cut west and started heading east as well. For some reason I was far away by this time when bammmmm the drag starts peeling (10:30 am) reach around to set the hook and breaks free (Shit!!!!!) Look at my bait and bite marks around the head and all dude was halfway dead. Since I don't have my own bait tank anymore I was looking for Cadillyak and he was far. The hell with it tossed the beat to shit mac right back in and headed the direction I came from.....minute later he was back and hooked properly. Hell yeah my first yellow but when I seemed to be gaining on him he'd make another run seemed like a big boy and was making a b line for the kelp but we were far so I let him wear himself out (no dogs around) just me, him and the deep blue sea. After getting dragged around for 15-20 mins I won the battle the end result was priceless my first yellow on the kayak ended up being 23-24 on the digi scale so I'll take the #23 and run with it !!!!!
Attached Images

joezee1986 is offline   Reply With Quote