Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
oneyedeer

Another note is that even tho the pa is heavier then most yaks the end handles make them easier to handle when loading another plus is you probably wont need any saddles because the bottom of the hull is pretty flat. What I do suggest is get a oem load assist bar. I say oem because there is alot of do it yourself ones and I have seen one gone really bad. Just say the damage to the guys car he could probably buy another kayak.
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #22
battleborn

transporting a PA on the roof is not that big of a deal. Here is a shot of the quest with the PA loaded on the roof driven 300 miles one way plenty of times. To make it easier I grabbed a 3 foot section of steel tube and drilled a hole near one of the ends. I welded a grade 8 nut to the tube and used another grade 8 bolt threaded onto the nut to hold it in place of the end of the Yak rack. So I would just lift the nose onto the bar. Then lift the tail end up and slide it onto the rack. Add straps and done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130708_132959.jpg (65.8 KB, 47 views)
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
skunked
Jr. Junior

I've routinely topped my rogue with outfitter and outback with no probs.
skunked is offline   Reply With Quote