Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
bracks

9/30 LJ afternoon, no fish for me, dogs

Went out after ending work early. Thanks to the fellow kayakfisherman an that gave me a running start (push) in the shorebreak. There were some decent sets in the high tide.

Current was ripping south which laid down the kelp on the high tide making it hard to pinpoint my position (no GPS or fishfinder). Struggled for an hour to make bait then caught 5 spanish in quick succession. Heading to the outside I realized the bait finally bit for me when I was deep in the kelp almost in the inside.

Saw a few kayakers reporting quiet fishing. Same for me. I stuck around the north side of the kelp and outside the corner so I didn't need to deal with a long paddle against the current (I am just getting back on the yak after a long time away).

No bites for the first 2 hours then the dogs found me and stuck close by. Tried to shake them but they were better at the cat and mouse game. Thought I'd be in the clear but would get robbed again. After 2 hours of that I headed in. Nice to be out on the ocean. Ankle slappers on the low tide.
bracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Phishphood

Thanks for the report. Guess the current was ripping all day. I was in the water around 730a and had a heckuva time swimming back up from shell to boomers beach.
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
captnblood34

Cool, solid report, thanks!
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #4
DDS
Finally landed one

Happy to help! I figure a push start would help avoid the shit show I started my day off with earler. Surf was strong and tide crazy high, could barely see any kelp beds inside and waves were crashing over the concrete barriers all the way to the street at high tide.