Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
onetriphudson

LJ 10/1 After Work Session

Fished LJ yesterday about 4pm to 7pm. Instant success as I was blessed with some great parking. At the launch I could see why, the surf was mixed 2-3 foot with a 3-5 second interval. I didn't waste any time and charged out. Took a few waves into my lap but finally got past the breakers. Had to bail out some water from the PA14 and was good to go after that. Current was really ripping with a 6-8mph wind out of the west. Went past 1 kayaker coming in and he said it was slow. Saw a few sport boats and a couple private boats but soon they all left and that was it. I had the whole place to myself. Couldn't make bait and the dogs were pretty thick so I trolled some lures around the outside of the kelp. Caught 1 bonito and about 20 minutes later hooked something big that ripped 50 yards and headed to open water, fought it for about 5 minutes and gained a little line before it broke off. I could feel some big tail beats. I'm thinking shark but never got a look at it. It was a clean break somewhere in the mono leader with a touch of fraying. Gorgeous sunset, pedaled back in and got rolled at the last minute in the surf. Kind of soggy trip home but just glad to have gotten out.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
Phishphood

Nice report. Thanks
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Beautiful sunset photo. We hope you put that fine tasting bonito to good use.