Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
Mike scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Yep slowish day for me as well, but happy the wind wasn't as bad as the forecast said it would be and glad I went out. I got a real late start, otw around noon. I expected sardines too but all they had was anchovies so I loaded up. I fished a little around the harbor entrance while deciding whether to paddle upwind to the headlands. Was a bit choppy but I went for it anyway, getting there around 2:00. I looked for other yakkers but only saw one there and as I started paddling over to say hi he started paddling away just giving a wave. Might have been Manny?

I hit the kelp area and around the red buoy for about an hour only to get a big 16" mac that I kept for cut bait for next trip. Trolled a lucky craft all the way back for nothing. Hit Doheny for some raked baits. Out to the buoys for my first ever lingcod! He was short at 16" but still the first one I've caught. The lucky craft picked up a Calico on the troll back to the harbor at around 6:30. And a few more good hits by the boat docks but must have been too small for my 4/0 hook so I just pulled up the remaining anchovie heads.

All in all it was slow but still a pretty nice day on the water.
The day was nice indeed!
Glad you made it out, too bad we couldn't connect out there. Next time.
MIKE
Mike scales is offline   Reply With Quote