Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
Subarualmen

First Time Kayak Fishing In California

Must say I had a lot of fun. Went to LA Jolla on Saturday. Launched around 9:15 in my Stealth 14 and did a lot of paddling. First time using a baitcaster Reel! Really enjoyed practicing with my Luna 300 and Revo Toro nacl. I used two Big Hammer Swimbaits. Both were 5".

I caught one Calico and it was on a (Red Calico Killer?) With a 1 Oz lead head. he was 12 or 13 inches. I let the little guy go. I was so excited when I got the hook up. Tried some jigging with a Salas 6 but realized the kelp Forrest wasn't the best place For that. I read that the Stealth Kayaks are known to take in a lot of water. The front end dived through a wave at launch. At the end of the day I checked t see how much water I took on. Wow, only 2 or 3 OUNCES!

Must say I am hooked! Lots of life going on out there. It's a great feeling. Can anyone give me advice on fishing for Sheepshead and Sand Bass out there?

I paddled pretty far out. The deepest I was in was around 75 feet and there was still kelp. I think I was close to it ending. I want to try some bottom fishing next time.

Thanks

Last edited by Subarualmen; 02-01-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Subarualmen is offline   Reply With Quote