Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Jimi

WSB 57lb

Early friday morning I was all alone but not lonely. With all the reports of no bait I was using my blue neon & white Jimijig. First dropped I snagged a nice calico at the bouys. The wind was blowing offshore so I was drifting the edge of the kelp throwing the iron. Never saw any real activity when one drop I let it sink to the bottom and started pulling it back medium speed when it got hit real hard and started tearing drag. I felt my line rubbing kelp right away and the sound of my heart pumping in my ears was replaced with a sick feeling in the stomach that although I had hooked a nice fish this was not going to end well. Half an hour later I could'nt believe my eyes. Getting in was real tricky as my kayak was doing a wheeely with this monster on the back. Almost flipped a few times.

Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote