Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
5-20

Wilderness Ride 115X for BTB ?

At the urging of a friend, I've started looking at the Ride 115x as a BTB machine.

I'm intrigued by a few things about this yak. The slide-traxx system, the elevated seat, the removable console/fishfinder mount. I really like that it's 33" wide and can carry 500 lbs.

I'm not so sure about it being only 11'6" and that it's reputedly somewhat slow. However, right now, stability and layout's more important to me than speed.

A few questions for any of you that know a bit about this yak.

-How does it handle surf launches/reentries?

- Can I fit a baitwell in the rear storage area? It looks kind of small (based solely on pictures)

- I'm not completely sure where I'd put my tackle if I had a baitwell in the rear area. I don't want to have everything in the front hatch. Any ideas about what I do about this? I would like to be able to bring 3-4 Plano 3700s with me. I like chunking lures!!!

Thanks for any/all input!!!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote