Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
tacklebox
I got gas!

Keep your eyes open for someone trying to sell a large quantity of fishing gear.

This is from dana wharfs facebook page. Hopefully they can recover some of their gear or at least find the people who stole it. Fucking low lifes stealing from children... I hope they get caught.

"Its with regret that we have to post this : Friends of Rollo , Kids Fishing charities that take 100,000 of kids fishing for free suffered a burglary over the weekend , why are people so cruel , why would anyone steal from a Kids Charity?

Friends of Rollo, Kid’s Fishing Organization Burglarized
San Diego, CA April 15, 2013 – Sometime during Saturday night, Friends of Rollo, the popular youth program that has introduced over 85,000 children to the Marine Environment and fishing had their San Diego storage unit broken into and ransacked. The unit contained donated merchandise including new and used rods, reels and other outdoor gear being staged for upcoming fundraising activities.
Friends of Rollo President Harold Davis said, “ The theft of this product is a severe blow to our fundraising efforts. Offering raffle prizes and selling used tackle are two of our primary sources of revenue. Soliciting donated product is a year around project that is more difficult than ever but necessary in order for us to be able to pay for all of the trips we sponsor each year. The thieves didn’t just steal merchandise, they stole opportunities from the kids that would have benefited from our program.”
Ironically, the self storage facility has only been used by the non-‐profit group for the past two months. It was selected as it is gated with limited hours of operation. Unfortunately, the security cameras failed to capture the burglary. The Friends of Rollo unit was the only one vandalized leading one to conclude that the thieves knew what they were after. The unit’s roll up door was destroyed during the break-‐ in. A police report was filed and anyone with information is asked to contact the San Diego Police Department or Friends of Rollo.
The items that were stolen were primarily brand new Seeker, Cal Star and Phenix fishing rods along with used higher end fishing reels and have an estimated value of $10,000. This could have generated much more than its value in fundraising potential. “Replacing this is not going to be easy as so many fishing tackle companies and individuals have already donated. We are hopeful that the public will consider donating some of their used tackle and make cash donations to get us back on track”, Davis added. Despite the loss, Friends of Rollo will still have their display at Day at the Docks at the sportfishing landings in San Diego this coming Sunday and hope to raise money and gather product and cash donations. Although they lost most of the tackle they would be selling, they will still have their popular Spin to Win Wheel and begin selling raffle tickets for their 2014 annual drawing.
Friends of Rollo is a 501c3 non-‐profit organization that was founded in 1999 and named in memory of Capt. James "Rollo" Heyn, beloved sportfishing captain, and continues to pass on his love of the ocean to the youth of today. The sole purpose of the organization is to introduce kids of all ages and from all walks of life to marine life and the ocean environment though a hands on fishing program. Many of these kids would never experience getting on a boat and seeing the wonders of the ocean first hand if not for Friends of Rollo. This program broadens children’s horizons and creates an understanding of life beyond the city streets. The organization schedules and pays all expenses of the trips including the chartered boat, crew, fishing tackle, lunch.
Friends of Rollo, We Take Kids Fishing donation information can be found online at www.RolloKids.com. Donations can also be made via PayPal using their email address FriendsofRollo@yahoo.com.
Contact info:
John Rowe, Director Ph 858-‐350-‐5870 Email FriendsofRollo@yahoo.com"
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
jorluivil

Bummer.

I hope they find the scumbags and use them as chum.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Erion929
Junior

That's messed up. I hope they catch those B@$tards and use them to set an example to other thieves
Erion929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
blitzburgh

Piece of SH!T thieves!!! I will for sure be donating more gear and $. This same thing happened to Dan Hernandez' charity a couple of years ago too. Hope they choke on it, literally...in jail .
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
Sdspeed

That really sucks! but with ad's like this one how and where would ya start to look?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/3708589926.html
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
spottie slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
That really sucks! but with ad's like this one how and where would ya start to look?

i have a feeling this is the stolen stuff. the discription just fits to well.

cuda 14 ftw
spottie slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottie slayer View Post
Isn't that Fishaholic's stuff? I beleive he is very legit. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are chasing the wrong dog on this one.
dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
SASQUATCH

Quote:
A person with that much gear has got to be able to show at least some form of purchase documentation otherwise I would be suspicious as hell.
SASQUATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
spottie slayer

maybe it is. oh well I'll keep looking.

cuda 14 ftw
Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett66 View Post
Isn't that Fishaholic's stuff? I beleive he is very legit. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are chasing the wrong dog on this one.
I'm not accusing anyone, just wonder where any of us would start if we weren't part of the charity that owned the stuff.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
spottie slayer

Quote:
I'm not accusing anyone, just wonder where any of us would start if we weren't part of the charity that owned the stuff.
I agree, but stealing from a kids charity is fucked up and those fuckers should get busted.

cuda 14 ftw
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #12
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
I understand. If anything it is best to be vigilant than to dismiss. We have a good group of people here who will eventually hear something. I hope the people who are responsible for this, get the full weight of justice thrown at them.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Bummer.

I hope they find the scumbags and use them as chum.
I'll provide the grinder!!!
FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
Fishwhisperer619

might be time to check out the local swap meets. my pops had a new set of taylormades stolen and ended up finding a guy trying to sell them at a swap meet. guy tried to rip out the embroidery of my dads name but the fabric beneath didnt get sun faded like the rest of the bag so you could still read what was there. its awful that there are people like this in the world. just gotta catch them now
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #15
tacklebox
I got gas!

I have sent them a few links, including the one sdspeed linked. No luck yet but I will keep you guys informed. Unless they went to mexico, hell even then we got people down there too, I think we can find them!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #16
fishaholic

Quote:

YES THIS IS MY ADD!!!!

I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED STOLEN GEAR!!!

I SUPPORT THE FRIENDS OF ROLLO AND THE DANIEL HERNANDEZ YOUTH FOUNDATION!!

FEEL FREE TO CALL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!

NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN 760-672-7080
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #17
fishaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett66 View Post
THANKS!!
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic View Post
THANKS!!
No problem. Glad to be of service.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
Jimmyz123

Quote:

Careful who you're pointing fingers at. This is Fishaholics add and he is legit.

This suck what has happened, but Fishaholic has nothing to do with taking anyone's gear.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
outdoorzen

Sad sad sad
outdoorzen is offline   Reply With Quote