Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
bigbarrels

mexico tourist card

Anybody have a secret place they like to pick their Mexico Tourist Card up and pay the fee? Heading past the check point at Guerrero Negro so will need it. Just trying to simplify the process and hopefully bypass the secondary inspection area while crossing the border.....in the past I've picked them up from the secondary inspection area but It is always better to just get past the border. Thanks in advance
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
dorado50

discoverbaja.com. get it stamped at border. they will stamp at ensenada but they object and kept asking why i did'nt get stamp at border.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
discoverbaja.com. get it stamped at border. they will stamp at ensenada but they object and kept asking why i did'nt get stamp at border.

do you have to be a member to use discoverbaja.com? I saw there was a 39.00 membership fee and their application ask for a membership number....how fast do they get it back to you after doing the application? Thanks for the info
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
dorado50

within a day or two. also great rates for mex.car insurance(am. company). they make it sooo easy... yea i guess u need to be member but well worth it imo.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
do you have to be a member to use discoverbaja.com? I saw there was a 39.00 membership fee and their application ask for a membership number....how fast do they get it back to you after doing the application? Thanks for the info
Why not just get the passport card and then you only have to pay for is 1 time, or does the pass go with the passport card?
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
T Bone

I thought you had to have a passport.I never heard of a tourist card.I am very interested in hearing about it.Can you fly with it too?

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I thought you had to have a passport.I never heard of a tourist card.I am very interested in hearing about it.Can you fly with it too?

Here is some info on it:

http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryre...urist_card.htm

You need your Passport to enter back into the US but it isn't needed to get into Mexico......All of my travel north of the checkpoint of Guerrero Negro I have never been asked for a Tourist CArd and therefore never pick one up. At the checkpoint in Guerrero Negro they are looking to see if you have paid the fee....at least that has been my experience..........pain in the butt!

I'm going to call Alaska Airlines and see if they have some in the terminal that I can pick up and then just pay the fee at a bank in San Quentin.......trying to avoid a stop at the border to pick up a Toursist CArd.......don't want to stop anywhere north of Ensenada and I'm assuming there is a bank in San Quentin (I usually never stop here as well)
Old 09-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
TCS

Or you can just drive over to the discover baja offices. It is located in the Henry's shopping center in University City. Corner of Regents Road and Governor Drive. They also have an extensive collection of Baja books and maps. Knowledgeable staff.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
Or you can just drive over to the discover baja offices. It is located in the Henry's shopping center in University City. Corner of Regents Road and Governor Drive. They also have an extensive collection of Baja books and maps. Knowledgeable staff.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! This will be my back up plan (airport is closer to me)