Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Island White (Cherry Beach), 2-27-15

Landwhale and I launched at about 6:30 to a cold south wind and cloudy skies. Water was 62º and pretty clear. The wind stayed up pretty much the whole time and it would switch directions on a regular basis. Made for some funky ass drifts. We headed straight to the island and our usual spot.

It took probably an hour to get my 1st fish. It was a chunky legal spottie. After that it was just a very slow pick. Finished the day w/3 legals and 6 shorts. Hot (relatively speaking) bait today was a 4" Houdini Paddlerz on a 3/8 orange Slayer Head. Second best was a 3" FLurry in Minnow Magic on a 3/8 Slayer Head in silver.

Over all it was very slow, I only missed 3 fish. Plus the barges were an issue, not the usual 1 or 2 staying for 20min. But, 3 that stayed for at least an hour each time. We were back in by about 11:15.

Thanks Steve for a fun time as always.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Amish Ed

Forgot to mention the excitement of the morning. Early on I went to cast and somehow caught the rod behind me. Thankfully I grabbed it before it sank out.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
King Saba

Nice work and nice save on the gear. Been there done that lol. Island white is on my list of places to try.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Amish Ed

Yeah, it's my favorite set up too. You should definitely try out the island. We like the area around the dock.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
landwhale

Got 2 nugget sized Calicos and 2 legal Sand Bass on the Houdini and New Penny 4 inch Z Man Paddlez with Uni Butter. Water is really clear and as Ed mentioned we played dodge the Barge today and the Wind was blowing in all directions making for some interesting drifts. Still a fun day and great fishing with you too Ed. Next week Fred Hall

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote