Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
UPDATE Las Encantadas 10-20 APRIL

ATTENTION GUESTS for you to ride the BAJA EXPRESS all you need do is join BWE, only takes a minute of your time to JOIN our COMMINITY and Welcome Aboard.

It can get cold at night, bring a jacket or hoodie. The road is great. Buying anything from the store in Gonzaga is EXPENSIVE, examples 5th of Vodka over 30 dollars US. 10 lbs of ice $5.00, every thing has to be delivered by truck and it is 100 miles south of San Felipe, and shrimp can also get costly, Their jumbos are 4-8 shrimp to the pound but about $10.00 per pound. Bring some fire wood and lot's of block ice or you will be drinking warm beer.

BRING A GAFF also a gunny sack or towel you can wet to help keep your fish fresh. You might want a beach chair but I do have a couple tables. The BAJA EXPRESS leaves Thursday.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 04-30-2014 at 09:33 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
joezee1986

I envy all of you I will be readily prepared for the next trip Bob I'm excited for you guys....! Let me know when it's concrete time.
joezee1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
buddha

10 bucks a pound for shrimp that are 8 to a lb. are a complete bargain at 10 bucks a lb. They will go for more than double that here in San Diego and I doubt that they will be as fresh.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezee1986 View Post
I envy all of you I will be readily prepared for the next trip Bob I'm excited for you guys....! Let me know when it's concrete time.
I will, and I will be in San Quintin the whole month of JUNE, look under other tournaments section. You will need a passport and mexican fishing license for most of these trips.
Jeff the shrimp for the Asuncion trip were 12-16 to the pound, they were frozen and still cost $10.00 per pound.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
Mikey Likes It

Hey Bob. Is there still room for one more kayak angler on the trip? I just got vacation approved for the 10th and 11th so I would like to join you guys Thursday to Sunday. I live in Ocean Beach so I can meet you guys on Thursday morning and caravan down in my own truck. I will PM you to discuss details.
Mikey Likes It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Getting tables ready for Project

ENCANTADAS!!!

Tables wouldn't be complete without....
The "team Sewer" sticker!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
buddha

We can always use some tables especially with the Team Sewer stickers on them!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
ENCANTADAS!!!

Tables wouldn't be complete without....
The "team Sewer" sticker!

Are you selling stickers, like TEAM SEWER, Baja or Bust, BAJA EXPRESS. Stickers are nice. See you soon. Thursday morning is FAST approaching.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #9
tsugg
LOWSPARK

encantadas trip!

Chomping at the bit ! I've only been out in my used PA three times, so I wish I could go but maybe next time.I've been on many Baja trips and the best memories I have in my 61 yr old brain are of Baja trips.Maybe I can wire that place up on one of your future trips.Been electrifiying things for 40 yrs ! Sounds like a dream spot !!
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
Chomping at the bit ! I've only been out in my used PA three times, so I wish I could go but maybe next time.I've been on many Baja trips and the best memories I have in my 61 yr old brain are of Baja trips.Maybe I can wire that place up on one of your future trips.Been electrifiying things for 40 yrs ! Sounds like a dream spot !!
We will need an electrican one day in a month or two. I will be 66 in June and I started building a place on this same beach 20 years ago, got married and walked away. Wife did not like camping. End of last year a new friend said he found a place, we partnered site unseen. It is one house away from the place I started 20 years ago. DREAMS can come true. Hope you find a way to make it down, soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #11
buddha

We are all set for the Las Encantadas train leaving tomorrow at 6AM at Johnny's in El Cajon.

All we need is for the fish to cooperate. It will be a great time regardless of how many fish we catch.

Over/under for each person fishing the 10 days I would say will be 300+.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #12
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
We are all set for the Las Encantadas train leaving tomorrow at 6AM at Johnny's in El Cajon.

All we need is for the fish to cooperate. It will be a great time regardless of how many fish we catch.

Over/under for each person fishing the 10 days I would say will be 300+.
Jeff, at a pound a piece and lot's will be much larger, what are you going to do with 300+ lbs of fish? Sounds like a bunch of CRP going on.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #13
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Jeff, at a pound a piece and lot's will be much larger, what are you going to do with 300+ lbs of fish? Sounds like a bunch of CRP going on.
I think most guys fishing the 10 days will catch 300+ fish and release 95% of them.

One thing for sure it will be 100% fun.

Going to be a great trip.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
walrus

In 1966 I made three cast aluminum surface irons. I still have one left, the paint on it is beat to hell so I spruced it up a little for this trip. I had it for 48 years, but I'm willing to risk losing it because this opportunity is that unique.

Thanks, Bob and Jeff for all the effort in pulling this trip together. This is going to be a new start of Baja adventures for me after a long absence, using some old school tackle.

Now it's time to stop talking and start fishing.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #15
ful-rac
Emperor

Sewer productions

The next team sewer production will start shooting tomorrow, In Gonzaga Bay (Makobob's place). If your lucky enough to be on this trip, you will be in the video! Hopefully doing something funny...!

Can't wait to get down there and start shoot'n some video!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #16
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
The next team sewer production will start shooting tomorrow, In Gonzaga Bay (Makobob's place). If your lucky enough to be on this trip, you will be in the video! Hopefully doing something funny...!

Can't wait to get down there and start shoot'n some video!
Baja Express should be getting into San Felipe about this time TOMORROW. For those of us going we have an order to fill for the upcoming HOW Tournament on 3 May.

Re: EAT BAJA fish?
bob,

We will likely need about 40-50 pounds total, but if you want to bring us what you can would be great, we may offer beef, chicken or fish

Thanks and good luck...............jealous!

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob
CJ, Andy, hey guys I could bring back a few pounds of Fresh frozen BAJA FISH from our 10-20th April trip to Las Encantadas. How many pounds of fillets do you need? Please let me know today or no latter than tomorrow at 7pm, as I shut my computer down and will be out of contact for 10-12 days.

So we will need to keep and bring back some fish for this event. For those not going with us, you can always enjoy some of OUR Baja fish by signing up for the HOW tournament.

Baja or Bust will donate a CUSTOM Gaff made by Tin Slayer 28 and a Trip to Las Encantadas, expenses paid by me, for 3 days. Winner will drive with me in my vechicle, eat my food and hopefully catch some fish, you pick the weekend. To be eligable to win YOU MUST be prepaid to fish in the 3 May How Tournament by MIDNITE 15 April. Winners will be drawn on 3 May. Good luck to all.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #17
battleborn

Have fun for those that didn't make it this trip. Good luck and fair weather.
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #18
joezee1986

Good Luck you guys and be safe out there......can't wait to see the footage !!!
joezee1986 is offline   Reply With Quote