Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Redondo 5-27

(report is from 5-28) Typical King Harbor day for me...0 Butts...limit of Rockfish, mostly Reds...about 20 Rock Crabs, Reds and Yellows. Watched a couple of 20# and 30# Halibut get caught along the kelp at PV by one lucky angler, but I'm still snake bit on the Halibut...it's due to change!
The Really Good News is that the Redondo Bait Barge will be open this summer. Albie is on the barge and he says he'll be there every morning, he even gave me his phone # for bait at off hours. Larry from Inseine Bait in Marina Del Rey is now running the Bait Receiver and the Sportfishing Pier. If you know his operation up in MDR you know what an excellent bait supplier he is. They had Sardines in the receiver yesterday.
This is great news as the bait in the harbor has become harder to catch in the mornings.
Good Luck
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Badtaste2k

I went out of looking for Halibut yesterday as well, but at Cabrillo. Rockfish and bass for me only as well! Halibut have eluded me my entire fishing lifetime. I will get one of those little flat bastards eventually!!!!!

Good news about the bait barge.

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
NextBite

Thanks for the heads up Jim
NextBite is offline   Reply With Quote