Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #21
TheBentRod

Tony, I agree. We should try to get that enthusiasm back!

I honestly think it has something to do with the heavy kayaks and gear we have to bring along.

I also think after the years of YT and WSB bites going off the chain, we were spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Your enthusiasm comes thru....

That kind of enthusiasm has come and gone for us long ago. It's nice to see that your so fired up! Driving for hours and all day and all nighters are a thing of the past for us... were just interested in instant results now a days...and what's for lunch! But we still fish hard every week!

Redondos a great place to fish as long as you can launch off of the dock...otherwise it's a real pain. You can catch fish there pretty much all year round as long as your reasonable in what you want to catch. If you know where to look you might be surprised what you can catch there.

...not sure it's worth a 2 hour drive though...that's INSANE!
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #22
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
I out there hooping that night too, I kept asking my buddy "wonder how that guy is doing" lol good work
There was also a dude on a SUP hauling ass back and forth. Dude had two nice ones by the time me and a friend left. He would check on them and come back into the dock to chill. lol

I did ok but I was more than a mile out. Sounds like the ticket that night was to not go too far.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #23
Semper Fi-shing

Yeah i saw that sup guy too when i came in after midnight. How long did u guys stay out? I was thinking about heading out to the ridge also but i wasnt sure if my buouy line was long enough. I had my livewell xl with me but didnt think to ask u about the trade. Was kinda out of it with lack of water. Had to throw two keepers back cuz i didnt want to go over my limit.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
kwest10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi-shing View Post
Would love to try o-side or pendleton after my next outing as a matter of fact. Would love to take you up and try new places than what im familiar with.
There's a few of us noobs here that are looking to synch up. Always good to have another set of eyes out there. I'm trying to get out to LBC area this Sunday.
kwest10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi-shing View Post
Yeah i saw that sup guy too when i came in after midnight. How long did u guys stay out? I was thinking about heading out to the ridge also but i wasnt sure if my buouy line was long enough. I had my livewell xl with me but didnt think to ask u about the trade. Was kinda out of it with lack of water. Had to throw two keepers back cuz i didnt want to go over my limit.
We came in early at 10 pm. My friend was being a good Samaritan and tried to pick up a floating beer can from the water. Over reached and fell in. So it was a bit cold since he was wet.

I threw my two legals back. I didn't get enough for my family of 4. I need at least 3 good size ones. So I let them live for another day.

Let me know about the livewell. Not in rush but since it fits in my PA nicely, I want one lol
Old 11-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #26
Woody86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
We came in early at 10 pm. My friend was being a good Samaritan and tried to pick up a floating beer can from the water. Over reached and fell in. So it was a bit cold since he was wet.

I threw my two legals back. I didn't get enough for my family of 4. I need at least 3 good size ones. So I let them live for another day.

Let me know about the livewell. Not in rush but since it fits in my PA nicely, I want one lol
lol "good Samaritan"
Woody86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #27
Semper Fi-shing

Yeah good principle to live by. "Limit your kill, dont kill your limit" That'll teach him to be a good samaritan. Next time tell him its worth reaching for if its an unopened can. Lol
Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #28
carbonbass

how big were the bonito?
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #29
Semper Fi-shing

Bonitas were couple lbs
Old 11-15-2017, 06:08 AM   #30
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
There was also a dude on a SUP hauling ass back and forth. Dude had two nice ones by the time me and a friend left. He would check on them and come back into the dock to chill. lol

I did ok but I was more than a mile out. Sounds like the ticket that night was to not go too far.
Yea I've ran in to that dude a lot this year. Crazy kofo he was loading up his truck with I arrived back at the launch.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #31
Aquaholix
Addicted2Water

Always a great day on the water. Good times & good catch!
Aquaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #32
Semper Fi-shing

I want to take a stab at hooping oceanside next week if anyone can help with a bit of info such as where to launch, how much rope i need, etc. Or perhaps if i can tag along with someone. Always nice to try new places. Otherwise, i might try Marina Del Rey. Its been good for me in the past but havent been there lately so definately want to take a stab at it again