Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Battle of the Bays Round 2 more info...

The Second Round of the Battle of the Bays CCA Kayak Tournament is a little over two weeks away and we’re stuck at 28 sign-ups…Please go to www.battleofthebays.com to get some info or a link to registration.

This King Harbor tournament should produce more and bigger fish than the Mission Bay event as the exit into open water is much closer and it’s quicker to access deep water and structure spots. You can fish inside or outside the harbor and once again live bait will be allowed.
As before will have the bass CPR format for Calico’s, Sandies, and Spotties on the iAngler app.
We will also have a Big Fish Side Pot with a $20 entry fee and an 80% cash payout. You can enter the side pot while registering on the morning of the event for $20 cash.
There is a separate prize and a new division for the heaviest bag of three rockfish and an additional prize from AHI for the largest rockfish caught on an AHI jig or Squirt Rig. You must be in line for the weigh-in by 1pm to be eligible.

I look forward to seeing some of you for the second tournament at the beautiful King Harbor Yacht Club on June 10th.
We will have a Captain’s Meeting on June 3rd at Baja Fish Gear at 24603 Narbonne Avenue in Lomita 90717 from 1pm to 3pm.
THE MEETING IS NOT MANDATORY…!

Since Baja Fish Gear is only a few miles away from Redondo in Lomita…there is an opportunity to pre-fish or at least explore the Redondo/King harbor area on June 3rd.
We will launch at the "hand launch dock" in King Harbor in Redondo before the Captain’s Meeting Saturday at 6:30am and fish or tour for a couple of hours on the water if anyone would like to get familiar with the area. I’ll have my kayak there to assist ANY REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS with a quick overview of the area on Saturday morning….Bring your hawg trough and a pole.
PLEASE CONTACT ME TO GET ON THIS JUNE 3rd PRE-FISH LIST… jim@sabaslayer.com

We will be launching on Saturday the 3rd. at the hand launch dock NOT THE YACHT CLUB at 6:30am and the directions from the 405 fwy are printed below…

FYI…the tournament check-in, launch, raffle, and lunch on June 10th will be at
the KHYC, which is located at 280 Yacht Club Way in Redondo Beach, 90277.
Please call Jim Salazar the tournament director at 310-901-4616 for any info or questions.

We will be starting the check-in on June 10th at 5:30am Saturday morning in the parking lot to the right of the main yacht club building. The start will we shotgun style with all boats assembled in front of the yacht club at 7am.
The launch ramp entrance and the check-in table will be to the right of the main building. You must check-in to get your t-shirt, marker, lunch wristband, and Cedros drawing ticket.
If you wish to enter the Big Fish Side Pot please bring $20 cash, as the payout will be in cash. We will have raffle tickets for sale at a $1 each with a $5 minimum and also 25 tickets for $20. Once again we will have another awesome raffle with over 30 prizes including the i11s Hobie Mirage Drive inflatable kayak.
This lunch will be provided by the yacht club and there is only one beer included with each lunch ticket. You will be able to purchase additional beers…so plan accordingly.
We will pick the winning Cedros ticket at the end of the raffle. The winner will be called immediately with the phone number you provided on the ticket and we will also email the winner. We will post the winners name on our CCA CAL Facebook page as well as on the www.ccacalifornia.org website.
You have one week to respond before the Cedros Grand prize goes to the second ticket picked.

From the 405 Freeway get off at Inglewood Ave. and go south to 190th St.
At 190th St. go west (right turn) to Harbor Drive. (190th turns into Anita St. at Ripley Ave. then becomes Herondo St. at the signal at PCH.)
Herondo/190th dead-ends at Harbor Drive. Go left and continue south along the power plant with the whale paintings. Go past three stop lights to the entrance into the parking lot on your right at the FIRST STOP SIGN.
As you enter the lot Captain Kidds Seafood will be on your left and the sportfishing pier will be right in front of you. Just before the pier entrance is a small road on your right. The “hand launch” is about 75 yds. down this road.
Unload your yak here then park your car in the lot and return to launch…or park in the lot and wheel your kayak down to the ramp.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
Baja_Traveler

I was waiting for the next credit card cycle, so I just paid.

See you in King Harbor on the 10th.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
Saba Slayer

Kai

Thanks Kai
I just got the email confirming your entry.
Any of you guys from SD that can't make the Captain's meeting...I'll save you a Captain's swag bag as long as we don't hit 50 sign-ups... after 50, it's first come first serve at the check-in table.
Good Luck...this one should be interesting!

Jim

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote