Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

8/14/15 LJ

By now everyone should know how hot the YT bite is. Friday got to the sand early 5am. Was planning on going for tuna and dodo out deep. Started looking for the mini macs I been using. No luck on the little guys so headed out to the point to see what I could scrounge up. Made a quick mix of greenies and a few spanish. Look out and see a yellow swimming about a 100 yards in front of me. Threw a quick bait out and it gets hammered quickly. Then proceed to get hammered 5 more times. Lost one in the kelp and got picked by a dog. Bait was all gone and I had enough by 12pm. All caught right in front of condo in 100' of water. The easiest day of fishing I have had so far on the yak.

Last edited by Bert Vega; 08-17-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
2-Stix

If you can't make bait, is frozen squid, tadys, frozen chunk or frozen whole macs/spanish working?

Also, I am heading down from Ventura to fish a few days, staying with my sister in law in North County...looking to get on the water with some locals, form members on 28th and 29th of Aug. Let me know if anyone wants to hang.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weir View Post
If you can't make bait, is frozen squid, tadys, frozen chunk or frozen whole macs/spanish working?

Also, I am heading down from Ventura to fish a few days, staying with my sister in law in North County...looking to get on the water with some locals, form members on 28th and 29th of Aug. Let me know if anyone wants to hang.
Spend the time and make bait. The squid and chunks stuff will help with making the bait. Then you can catch the fish. My opinion many more on here with a ton more knowledge then I.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #4
2-Stix

thanks for the info bert.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote