Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
By catch.... la Jolla fish report 9/28/18 Thursday

Only one at the launch me.1ft barely big enough to break.
I Wheeled in from Vallecitos, that's the st straight up from the bathroom. Launched and realizing I forgot my life jacket. With the surf turning into ankle slippers I paddled straight up in front of the bathroom and walked to my truck to get my life jacket. You may not want to park on that st, Vallecitos because of remodeling work going on at the corner three story complex, with scaffolding, looks like a window replacement job. So I headed out good visibility water temperature 70. It looked like some guys were fishing in the dark because I passed them heading in we did not talk ....tuff trying to find mackerel got one Spanish in shallow. Started metering nice size schools of fish wasn't long before my flys get bit I pull of two white fish. Unable to find anymore mackerel,I put on my only Spanish on the dropper loop fishing two poles one for bait. I snag the bottom on the dropper loop trying to fish two poles.the line snaps at the brake away point I loose my 6oz sinker. No mackerel and realizing the school I am metering are white fish I decided to go after them put my bait rod in the pole holder, and cast jigs fishing two poles. A fog bank rolls in around 10am i charge screens unable to see land spit screen, one for navigation and bottom , I keep it tight to the corner don't want to get in that south current. I take off my flat fall and put on a mackerel swimbait, and had a Mako in the fog follow it up to my kayak, we locked eyes and he hauled ass.by now I'm starting to run low on fuel so I decide to head east...got to launch and tried to take some pictures of leopard sharks in 4ft of water. Take some squid if you want a limit of white fish because some schools would not hit my flys....having some of Yanni's left over secret sauce I decided to put a brick of imitation crab in the soup and make fish burritos after eating my last Mako shark burrito,tight lines my friends
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 10-15-2017 at 03:21 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote