Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
RAYMO
new YAKER

Cool LA JOLLA 3/15

Finally the waves were decent enuf!! except going out at 0630 ai got hit by a few with a buddy. I didnt know really how much water till I got back from 10 hrs on the water. but anyways, I digress, spoke to guy returning FRI afternoon who told me he couldn't make bait even though he saw it all around. I couldn't STOP making all kinds and sizes of baits. IT did not help though nothing was biting near the beds, my buddy had a sore back soo we didnt go out as far as I wanted to. he left around 12 and I decided to tool around the canyon for some Rocks. I found a couple of honey holes that I marked and stayed there to catch 3 octopus, 2 got off and one must have been way bigger than the hand sized I did manage to catch but Ill never know. I dropped squid and the live octo on my Japanese Lucanus jigs and caught 7 reds/ coppers, and 6 monster sized dabs for my other two buds to enjoy. All in all a good day!!! going out next sunday to concentrate in the kelp and the canyon holes. BTW saw this on the freeway and decided IT WAS GOING TO BE MY NEXT YAK!!!! HEY I AM THE CAPTAIN NOW!!!!!!
Attached Images

RAYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

nice fish

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
solyluna

We fished Sunday
We went out south and north ton of birds and Bait
No love from the yellows
solyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
blitzburgh

Nice work