Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Kahouna

Transducer Install??

Hey Gang! Been a lurker for a while and appreciate all the info for this newbie.

I picked up a used Extreme that I'm getting ready to install a fish finder on. I have the transducer in hand and am eyeballing the possible mounting locations. This is going to be a goop-to-the-hull install. As I look under the boat, I see that the hull has "waves" from age. The low points are where the scuppers are. Would it be better to mount it between the foot scuppers or under the seat. I think under the seat would be out of the way and an obvious low point. The foot scuppers area is where I see most people mounting them though. If you put something in the front hatch area, could it potentially damage/dislodge the transducer?

Thanks ye fishing merry men!
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

i'm not familiar with the Extreme model kayaks, or where the transducer might fit well in that specific yak. But under the seat is probably the best place in general.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
dick fabulous

Make sure to shine a bright light through the area you want to install your puck to make sure there are no bubbles in the hull. Also choose a location that doesn't interfere with your on the water storage like rods going inside.
dick fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote