Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
taggermike

Quick Desert Report

I took my wife and daughters out near El Centro for some sun and a bit of fishing is last weekend and we camped 2 nights at Sunbeam Lake. My family used to camp out there when I was a kid, like 35 years ago. The lake is about the same but there is an RV resort there now. We were the only ones in a tent. I fished the kayak Sat morn in the east lake for just 1 small bass. My girls and I fished from shore right in front of our tent later and did pretty well on the bass on small rubber worms. I busted out the night crawlers and bobbers and the girls did a number in the bluegill. My wife painted, the girls played in the pool, we watched a baseball game, and some BMX racing. Every one paddled the kayak around. Lots of birds, bull frogs croaking all night, big garter snakes swimming around, and 1 big annoying goose to watch out for. Maybe not a great fishing destination but nice place for a couple of nights. 100 miles from SD and $15 a night. Mike
Attached Images

taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

That looks pretty cool, for a family fun get away.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Siebler

Very nice. I may have to consider staying there instead of camping on the side of the canal roads when we are down there fishing and pheasant hunting and such.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
blitzburgh

I LOVE Bluegill!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Deamon

Awesome! Something about El Centro & Calexico's fishing opportunities. Very different and really not that far away. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote