Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
oneyedeer

Anyone going Dana Point Tomorrow morning 02/04/12?

Hehe been lurking forevers finally got my transport down and ready to roll last car I had i put two nice dents on the roof no bueno. Anyways if anybody is going out tomorrow and don't mind a newbie tagging along let me know. It would be my first time actually fishing on a yak second time on a yak. I been fishing for a long time so you don't have to tie my hook for me

I want to target halibuts and bass. Let me know which gear i should bring gonna stop by lee sandwich too
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
PapaDave

I am planning on being out there tomorrow about 7am if I can get up. Maybe a little earlier, who knows. I usually launch out of Dana Point Jet Ski docks, hit the bait barge and head on out. Most likely hit up the southern kelp or pipeline. If the weather looks good, might head up to the point area. You are most welcome to come along. Look for the sand colored battleship (Pro Angler) sporting a red flag with an angler with a gardeners hat and all tangled up in fishing line.

As for gear, it's up to you and what you like to fish with. I typically use a light outfit with 30lb braid and a very light outfit, trout rod/reel with 17lb braid for playing around. Love catching bass on that thing.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
dc1983

Alright I am going now I deleted earlier earlier post cause I wasn't sure. I'll be there around 530 launching from the boat ramp. I'll be in the white Stealth. Going to stay inside the harbor unless my arms feel better in the morning.
dc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
oneyedeer

Sorry guys no go .....work called me in dang was looking forward to it all week weather looks perfect for it to
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote