Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Anyone want a scooter?

Sold. Thank you.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 12-15-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
monstahfish

what's the brand and where is it?
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Orca Winfrey

Where does the Mirage Drive plug in?
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
sdyeti

The wife is somewhat interested....having to deal with the DMV for 4 years of not being registered is probably a PITA though.

that being said, would tomorrow sometime before 1300 be an ok time to call/text and arrange a look?
sdyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

cool!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
crashcrow

How were you able to look up the VIN? Not really interested in the scooter but I would like to be able to check VIN numbers from time to time. Having a resource like this would be awesome.
crashcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrow View Post
How were you able to look up the VIN? Not really interested in the scooter but I would like to be able to check VIN numbers from time to time. Having a resource like this would be awesome.
Google? I've looked up VIN's for cars with Google to find out more manufacturing information, accident history, insurance actions, parts, etc.

I was looking up a Ford Ranger for sale locally by VIN not too long ago and found that it was a salvage title because it was in a flood back east and paid off by an insurance company. Someone bought it at an auction and got it running again. I found the auction price. Now it's in San Diego. Websites like Carfax are VIN based. If I need a part for one of my cars at O.Reilly's, it's sometimes easier to give them my VIN so they give me exactly the right part when multiple options are available for the same basic model.

Here is one website you might like for checking a VIN to see if the vehicle has been reported stolen, or if it has a salvage title:
https://www.nicb.org/how-we-help/vincheck

If you google "VIN check" you will finds other kinds of checks and identification for various vehicles.

There are also private subcontractors, usually individuals, who do work for the DMV as a liaison and have access to their records online. They have standardized contractor fees for this service and for solving issues the DMV seems no longer equipped at the counter level to handle themselves.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 12-15-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote