Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Hate fishing weekends

Every time I fish on a weekend I remember why I don't fish on weekends. Too crowed for my taste, not the kayaks but the ever moving stinky power boats.
To the A-Hole that stole the cooler out of the back of my truck I hope everything you ever put in it goes rancid and the beer goes flat. I hope you wear the PFD that was in there and it fails while you are struggling in the water, I hope the rod holders in there break while on a huge fish and I hope the dry top leaks. A big FU to you. If anyone saw this A-Hole I taking a large white cooler out of a F-250 with a couple kayaks on top, please give me a tip.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
Every time I fish on a weekend I remember why I don't fish on weekends. Too crowed for my taste, not the kayaks but the ever moving stinky power boats.
To the A-Hole that stole the cooler out of the back of my truck I hope everything you ever put in it goes rancid and the beer goes flat. I hope you wear the PFD that was in there and it fails while you are struggling in the water, I hope the rod holders in there break while on a huge fish and I hope the dry top leaks. A big FU to you. If anyone saw this A-Hole I taking a large white cooler out of a F-250 with a couple kayaks on top, please give me a tip.
If ya find him, I would love to assist in the ass whooping!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
GregAndrew

Thieves should be whipped then shot. As this crappy economy drags on we might all want to try to keep a little better watch on our own, and our neighbors belongings. If I see an unattended fishing yak on the beach, I try to wait to launch or go get my truck til I see the owner return. Or at least wait til another fishing yakker shows up on the scene. I will have to add keeping an eye on vehicles to my regular mode of operation.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Ohana

Being a newbie to this sport, I have quickly learned to avoid the weekends starting in May. I am planning now to fish the weekdays and go out very early or late in the day.

Having owned a 30 foot fishing boat until 2 years ago, I was always amazed at the lack of safety and lack of general seamanship knowledge most boat owners display. The financial rules just a few years ago allowed anyone to purchase a boat, with little or no experience in boating and no requirement to have taken a safety boating course. My biggest concern when I was coming into the harbor was other boaters running into me or blocking the channels. This applies to powerboat and sailboat owners. I once had a large sailboat almost t-bone my boat as the "skipper" was beating in the channel and not under power; he just missed my stern by inches, almost hitting a boat in its slip, and didn't even apologize, even though in Dana Point, sailboats need to be under power in the channels.

Kevin
Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Gino

whats the best is the guys posting WSB caught on Bloodydecks, 20+ Power Boats there the next 2 days. And im not talking about la jolla...
Summer sucks!

Thieves are rediculous, I always keep a watch out.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Dan

Jim: north county kelp....The WSB aren't so picked over
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Thieves should be whipped then shot. As this crappy economy drags on we might all want to try to keep a little better watch on our own, and our neighbors belongings. If I see an unattended fishing yak on the beach, I try to wait to launch or go get my truck til I see the owner return. Or at least wait til another fishing yakker shows up on the scene. I will have to add keeping an eye on vehicles to my regular mode of operation.
Kudos bro, I do the same...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
prowlerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
whats the best is the guys posting WSB caught on Bloodydecks, 20+ Power Boats there the next 2 days. And im not talking about la jolla...
Summer sucks!

Thieves are rediculous, I always keep a watch out.
BD.... Im surprised any fish reports were posted outside of fishdope... Thieves suck.
prowlerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
baitcasterboy20

It's easier during da week
baitcasterboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Sorry to hear that Jim. It's not as much missing or replacing the items as it is that someone thinks it's okay to steal them! That sucks! I hope someone saw and finds who did this. We all need to look out for each other at the launch, parking lot and on the water it seems!
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #11
Billy V

I don't even bother to take the skiff out on the weekends, much less kayak fish.

Today I was at Dana Landing launch and saw 3 separate boat collisions. There are lots of knuckleheads piloting boats out there.

Weekdays only for me.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #12
mrJB

Jim's Loss...

Jim, sorry for the stolen goodies as is everyone else that has to pay for his/her stuff...

I remember, about five or six years ago, when I hired your guide services, and I was concerned about where to park when I met up with you in the morning. I remember your comment was something like "park on the street...waddaya think, this is L.A."? Things aren't getting better...

As for the actual FISHING on weekends, I don't have any expertise on L.J. but Dana Point is a zoo. Sailboaters seem to be the worst, but power boaters aren't far behind. And that's in the harbor! Outside some A-hole will zoom past you, 20 yards from your yak, just because he can. Never mind he's endangering your very life. He thinks he's entitled - there's no 5 mph limit out there...

The Harbor Patrol is just as bad. They'll do their one distress call a week, spend the rest of the week motoring around the harbor, motoring right over floating garbage bags, and washing down their FOUR boats, two of which they never use, and watching some 48' sportsfisherman almost run you down or capsizing you with his wake. Say anything to him? Probably not, he's paying the bills... Either that or they (and others) need a few days to figure out that some stranded whale is tangled up... Better solution, change (proposed) the right-of-way rules in the harbor and make the yaks go around ...

Arggggggggh... I can only hope that someday I'll be reading a post about how someone caught some lowlife stealing from his vehicle and beat him into a bloody pulp. But then again the blood pulp will probably sue...

Jim, unfortunately, it's time for a locking storage box or camper shell...
Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #13
Jimmyz123

Jim, that sucks for your loss, I'll keep my ears and eyes open. One thing though, just be happy you get to fish at all. I'm still waiting for the doctor to give me that go ahead to get out and fish.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
T Bone

Thats sucks Jim.I hate losing stuff to thieves.I just lost a bunch of gear in the surf and am not that bummed,but if those rigs would have gotten stolen I would be super pissed.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Siebler

Jim you've got to expect people to try and steal stuff from you to sell now that your a big movie/TV Star

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #16
Billy V

OMG Here it is -

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/1744104914.html
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
Jim Sammons LJKF

That is pretty damn funny, but not the same cooler and who the hell is Jimbo Samson?
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Bait Burglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
I wouldn't trust anything posted on Craig's List. There are some real shady characters on that site.

Hey Jim, I gotta friend of a friend who might be able to get you a good deal on a second-hand cooler and PFD. As a matter of fact, he always seems to have used stuff layin' around. If I need something, I just give him a call and he usually has it for me by the end of the weekend.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
steveooo

Heeee's baaaaccckk!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #20
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait Burglar View Post
I wouldn't trust anything posted on Craig's List. There are some real shady characters on that site.

Hey Jim, I gotta friend of a friend who might be able to get you a good deal on a second-hand cooler and PFD. As a matter of fact, he always seems to have used stuff layin' around. If I need something, I just give him a call and he usually has it for me by the end of the weekend.

hahahaha
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote