Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatford View Post
I am going to be heading up an Organization that is very similar, called Heros on the Water. We are strictly a kayak organization, and believe in the healing powers of kayak angling. Paddle Fish Heal....

I was very glad to meet everyone and please forgive me if when me meet again I don't remember your name, I am horrible at names. I was the guy with the Green Hobie and the Big Camera, my name is Ryan.

I have a few plans to keep things interesting and fun. HOW is a National Organization, however I feel the Southern California Chapter could be the largest very quickly.

We are building our HOW team now and will be having events in the near future. If you are interested in Volunteering you can either message me or call or text my cell phone (951) 473-3202 and leave a message (just assume I am fishing, ha ha). For those of you that have already contacted me I do have your information.

I look forward to building on an already great start....
Let me know if you need help....I made some great contacts at BassPro for Wounded Warriors.....We were a little late for donations from BP, but if we give them ample notice, they stated they will have their vendors contribute to the cause...sign me up!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
theluckypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
PapaDCh, we were going to follow you out to the pipe but the lady Marine that was with me was getting sick so we headed into the harbor. Did you lose any rods when the girls flipped the kayak?
yep, lost one of my hand-me-down rods paired with my starter harbor freight spinning reel, and some equipment. not much. it was probable if not expected with new kayanglers... it was a loss well worth the enjoyment of being part of the event! to all.
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #23
PapaDave

Lucky, if you need compensation for the rod and equip, let me know. I beleive the two girls got caught off guard by a wake that peaked on a swell while they were sideways. It was sort of my fault as I was trying to position them for a drift over some marks.

MVC, going back was probably a good thing if she was sick, the boat wakes made for some rough pitching out there. The water got real nice after 5pm, all the boats/jet skis went in and the wind died down to a trickle.

As for HOW, I would definately be interested, just let me know when you have the details.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
theluckypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
Lucky, if you need compensation for the rod and equip, let me know. I beleive the two girls got caught off guard by a wake that peaked on a swell while they were sideways. It was sort of my fault as I was trying to position them for a drift over some marks.
thanks, but no worries... it was well worth it.
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #25
mtnbykr2

thank you for this post, and sharing the pictures as I wanted to be involved in this as well, all I could do is offer up equipment as I was out of town at the time, looked like a great success...awesome job to all involved, and a great way to thank the service men and women that fight for us
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote