Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
trob

Send a message via AIM to trob
3-3 lj

mackeral......whole squid didnt last a '5-count' before they were stripped.

really windy and bumpy at launch time, no squid to be caught, wind died and it was nice around 8. no fish whatsoever. even tried to get some calicos.....still got hammered by the macs deep in the kelp, could not keep a squid on the hook.

nice day though
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks, these are the reports that make work much more tolerable

It does look like we are in a great weather pattern right now.....After Fred Hal is over, I am going fishin'
Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
toadstoadsonly

Crock with mac pinned on it.

In Northern Baja the mac's are also always thick like that the way we catch the wsb is we cast a super crocodile, mega bait, or iron catch a mac pin the crock on the mac's head and send it down. It works like a charm in Baja i think the seabass like it like that because it makes the mac look like an easy dinner wondering if that ever works in LJ when the mac is thick. Has anyone tried that?
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Dan W.

I once hooked a mac (on a half day boat) on a big kroc, which was then chomped by a yellow, but I farmed it. Thanks for the report. I was out on saturday and couldn't find squid, so headed north for halibut. No bites at all. Lots of seals in the northern region, most I've seen up that way.
Dan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
frugalfisher

tried deadstick iron with mac tip many times

also tried with live and dead squid last weekend for nothing. Haven't tried with a shiny Kroc though.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadstoadsonly View Post
In Northern Baja the mac's are also always thick like that the way we catch the wsb is we cast a super crocodile, mega bait, or iron catch a mac pin the crock on the mac's head and send it down. It works like a charm in Baja i think the seabass like it like that because it makes the mac look like an easy dinner wondering if that ever works in LJ when the mac is thick. Has anyone tried that?
For some reason Baja WSB seem to love the big crocs, but at LJ and Catalina they don't seem to work...at least for me.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote