Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #21
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
You guys are an embarrassment to the kayak community.
Jim has been busting his ass for years to help keep or improve our fishing and you won't spend $30 to help.
Invest in your future fishing and spend the $30 so you can fish in the future.
There are a ton of people out there that want nothing more than to take away our right to fish and CCA is the only organization out there that is doing anything about it.
Every person on this message board should be a member of CCA.
It's time to man up or shut up!
John
I sincerely hope that you are not in any way affiliated with the CCA aside from being a member. I absolutely wouldn't contribute to anyone going around calling other members an embarrassment to the community. The fact that you resort to degrading other members of the community is a poor example of the community should do to newer anglers like myself.

Its also very pretentious of you assuming everyone has $ to throw around for every cause that you believe in. The fact of the matter is I don't have to, even if I do have the money because there are other positive ways to contribute to the community outside of monetary support.

You may want to follow Saba's lead. He seems to understand that you get more support by encouraging people and allowing people to sign up at their financial availability.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #22
John M

Denis
The $30 for the membership works out to $.082 per day for the year to protect your fishing.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #23
Saba Slayer

Easy Guys...

Easy Guys...this is meant to be an all inclusive event promoted as a CCA CAL fundraiser...As I said, I can understand not having 90 bucks to get in a tournament...fundraiser or not...That's why we dropped the membership requirement.
Hell... if I could afford to make it free I would do that...We want people to come and have fun and enjoy Yanni's delicious lunch and sample some Division 23 beer and win a few prizes from our generous sponsors and see what CCA CAL is all about...and if you want to join or volunteer for future Coastal Conservation Association events then so much the better....and if we make some money for the CCA CAL coffers then I've accomplished my goal
...and thanks to all that support us...in any way you can

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #24
Hydronaut

Send a message via Yahoo to Hydronaut
I'm in for Mission Bay

Jim,

Finally after many challenges with the app, I'm in for the Mission Bay event. Hopefully I got one of the last spots for the rod drawing. Let me know if you need some help with the event. Thanks for putting this on.

Tim (Hydronaut)
Hydronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #25
INGRIDSDAD

Hey Jim, After catching 1 small bass last Saturday I think I have Mission Bay figured out....I'm in!
INGRIDSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #26
Saba Slayer

First 20

THANKS KAYAKERS...WE GOT OUR FIRST 20 SIGNED-UP AND WE'LL PICK THE WINNING TICKET TOMORROW...
WEDNESDAY THE 19TH.

Promar/AHI has stepped up and offered another incentive to the second group of twenty anglers 20 that sign-up at www.battlofthebays.com for the Mission Bay event.

Ben and the gang over at Promar have donated a nice little kayakers package.

It starts with a GF-301 Floating Telescopic Gaff (28” to 45”).
The second prize is a kayak net from their Premier Angler Series Landing Nets. The LN-901B is light and easy to handle with one hand and it's made with HookResist anti-snag netting.
To finish off the package is a RSB – 700 Sabiki Stick – Bait Rod and 6 Sabikis.
This is a package worth $140.

The second group of twenty anglers that sign-up for the Mission Bay event will be entered in a separate drawing for this Promar/AHI package.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 04-18-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #27
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Is there a place to sleep there overnight? I'm seeing if my work schedule will allow another tourney.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote