Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
Tandem Assassin

Awful Quiet Out There..

Name:  EMPTY.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  34.7 KB
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
goldenglory18

The reports the last few days have been light. Not very many people going out fishing, and those that did, didn't have much catching.

Does this happen each year when the weather starts to cool off? I figured 1' swells and 75* temps would get more people out on the water...
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
NICKWORN

Fareweather Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
The reports the last few days have been light. Not very many people going out fishing, and those that did, didn't have much catching.

Does this happen each year when the weather starts to cool off? I figured 1' swells and 75* temps would get more people out on the water...
You learn quickly that most( 75% ) of the kayak and PB's only fish when the reports are good, hints why a lot of us stop posting our catches. We put in the time, and then you got these weekend warriors who come out on when the reports are good. Winter fishing is coming and you will see a lot of kayaks for sale and less of a crowd.
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
You learn quickly that most( 75% ) of the kayak and PB's only fish when the reports are good, hints why a lot of us stop posting our catches. We put in the time, and then you got these weekend warriors who come out on when the reports are good. Winter fishing is coming and you will see a lot of kayaks for sale and less of a crowd.
Makes sense. I report a lot, but its not as often as I fish so I totally get it....
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
You got that right, time to start looking for deals on yaks. PRIME TIME in Baja RIGHT NOW. Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Cronus
Cheat to win

Well this weekend warrior has a full time day job, three young kids in school that need evening homework help, and an old grandmother who lives alone that I visit every day after work. So weekdays are not possible...... but I fish no matter the reports people post, just love being out on the water. So peaceful. So if anyone thinks we only fish when the reports are good, you clearly do not get the mindset of the full time workers..... think the world revolves around your fish reports..... your so vain, and I bet you think this song is about you, lol its a good song.
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Almost time to break out the iron and do some deep jigging as the water begin's to cool. I love LJ in the wintertime... The cold weather usually reduces the crowds.

Or do like what Mako said and head south.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Quote:
Ha... I couldn't resist.
Attached Images

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #9
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

So you guys are saying fishing is slow right now? Got it. Thanks

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #10
Ggiannig89

Considering seaforth half day reports are reporting 80+ YT for a couple days in a row I'm sure there is still plenty of fishing for the YTs to be had.
I've known for awhile now that when the boards are quiet it usually means lines are zipping.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:29 AM   #11
NICKWORN

Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
Well this weekend warrior has a full time day job, three young kids in school that need evening homework help, and an old grandmother who lives alone that I visit every day after work. So weekdays are not possible...... but I fish no matter the reports people post, just love being out on the water. So peaceful. So if anyone thinks we only fish when the reports are good, you clearly do not get the mindset of the full time workers..... think the world revolves around your fish reports..... your so vain, and I bet you think this song is about you, lol its a good song.
Not sure if that was intended for me, but I'll assume it was. Coming from someone who has a 2 year old and a 3 month old and works full time, I don't see why so BUTT HURT. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure I never said, CRONUS only fishes when the reports are good or is a weekend warrior. Seems I pricked a sensitive nerve under your skin?? Anyhow, I actually like you enjoy being on the water as it's my only time for some peace and quite!
Old 09-15-2017, 07:12 AM   #12
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
So you guys are saying fishing is slow right now? Got it. Thanks
Fishing is always slow from a kayak!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #13
PapaDave

Angry GGRrrrrrr....

Quote:
Some of us have 8-5 jobs and have to work to support families. I think it's fairly arrogant for those who can get out every day or so to put us down, not giving reports because of us wanting to get out and catch something. If the roles were reversed, how would you look at it?

So what if we get out there on weekends, you don't, so why do you care. We rely on the reports to let us know if there is fish biting, it's the only way we can find out since we are working all day through the week.

It really steams me when I read something putting us 'weekend warriors' down, what makes you so much better than us? Who died and left you the ocean?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #14
chris138
donkey roper

chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #15
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I will be going as soon as I finish my fish....

Burritos, going green on some yellow.......
Parsley cilantro jalapeno green onion cabbage lime...
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 09-15-2017 at 09:37 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #16
NICKWORN

LOL OPEN YOUR EYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
Some of us have 8-5 jobs and have to work to support families. I think it's fairly arrogant for those who can get out every day or so to put us down, not giving reports because of us wanting to get out and catch something. If the roles were reversed, how would you look at it?

So what if we get out there on weekends, you don't, so why do you care. We rely on the reports to let us know if there is fish biting, it's the only way we can find out since we are working all day through the week.

It really steams me when I read something putting us 'weekend warriors' down, what makes you so much better than us? Who died and left you the ocean?
You obviously dint read through the thread, as i mainly get out on the weekends as well, with my 7-3:30 job and two toddlers. Weekend warriors were referenced in connection with those who only come out when the bite is hot.

All you old grumpy men need to relax, no one mentioned any names so why you all getting so butt hurt? Fuck Sakes women!