Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Waterís Edge   Visit WaterHorse Dive Charters

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Waterís Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
REPORT from paradise

Last night I got a call from Dave and Shelly Sivac. They
are in Gonzaga and called to update me on conditions there.
They were enjoying a camp fire on our beach.
Dave caught cabrilla at the islands and got on some Roosters
but could not get them to go. Weather is awesome with little
wind and mild temperatures. You guys going for Thanksgiving
should have a great trip. Tight Lines amigos.
And HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-17-2017 at 01:01 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
Druko
Senior Member
 
Druko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 192
Thanks for the report Bob! Heading down on Sunday for the week. Hoping to add a roosterfish to my list!!
__________________
"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live"
Marcus Aurelius
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
Denis_Ruso
Silver Spoon Crew
 
Denis_Ruso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 368
Thanks for the report bob.

Though everyone is heading further south, anyone else planning on being in Gonzaga over thanksgiving?
__________________
2015 Hobie Revo 13

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Thanks for the report bob.

Though everyone is heading further south, anyone else planning on being in Gonzaga over thanksgiving?
There will be a few in camp at mako-ville
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
Druko
Senior Member
 
Druko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
There will be a few in camp at mako-ville
I was going to rush it down to Gonzaga after my ride to Asuncion couldn't take me and not wanting to drive the long trek alone to Ross's again after doing it just last month. Woke up this morning and wasn't feeling too positive about the wind forecast in Gonzaga, so I'll be going to Asuncion & Abreaojos for round two.
Might stop on the way home if the winds looks good.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
__________________
"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live"
Marcus Aurelius
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druko View Post
I was going to rush it down to Gonzaga after my ride to Asuncion couldn't take me and not wanting to drive the long trek alone to Ross's again after doing it just last month. Woke up this morning and wasn't feeling too positive about the wind forecast in Gonzaga, so I'll be going to Asuncion & Abreaojos for round two.
Might stop on the way home if the winds looks good.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
What winds, all I saw were 10 mph or lower.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
Denis_Ruso
Silver Spoon Crew
 
Denis_Ruso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 368
Forecast is looking really good for Friday and Saturday.

Hope your doing better Bob!
__________________
2015 Hobie Revo 13

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Forecast is looking really good for Friday and Saturday.

Hope your doing better Bob!
Yep toe is healing well. Thanks amigo. Just talked with Dave Sivak. They got back from Gonzaga last night. Lots of sierra, cabrilla and they saw roosters too. Bring a jacket cause it was 60 degrees at night, campfire was great.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
ProfessorLongArms
Member
 
ProfessorLongArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Highland Park, CA
Posts: 82
Hi Bob! Long time listener first time caller, big fan

Curious if you have any slots between Xmas and NYE.

Looks like a perfect spot to get out on the water with my dad over the holiday. He moved up to NorCal over the summer and itís been tough to get together since. He lit up when I told him what Iíd been reading on here. He also is waaaay overdue for a fly-rod in hand.

No worries if not. Will give us time to do proper planning for an Ď18 trip if youíre full.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Hi Bob! Long time listener first time caller, big fan

Curious if you have any slots between Xmas and NYE.

Looks like a perfect spot to get out on the water with my dad over the holiday. He moved up to NorCal over the summer and itís been tough to get together since. He lit up when I told him what Iíd been reading on here. He also is waaaay overdue for a fly-rod in hand.

No worries if not. Will give us time to do proper planning for an Ď18 trip if youíre full.
I will be in camp from noon on the 26th of December until the 2nd of Janurary come on down and enjoy paradise. Tight Lines amigos.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #11
ProfessorLongArms
Member
 
ProfessorLongArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Highland Park, CA
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
I will be in camp from noon on the 26th of December until the 2nd of Janurary come on down and enjoy paradise. Tight Lines amigos.
Thanks Bob! Do you know of anyone else planning to make that trip?
I do like the sound of a caravan.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #12
Baja_Traveler
Senior Member
 
Baja_Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Table 17, Bay Park Fish Co.
Posts: 814
I'll be also going if you have a need or want to follow someone.

Bob - I'll be bringing two 7 gallon water containers filled with distilled water for the batteries at the house and camp.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #13
ProfessorLongArms
Member
 
ProfessorLongArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Highland Park, CA
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
I'll be also going if you have a need or want to follow someone.

Bob - I'll be bringing two 7 gallon water containers filled with distilled water for the batteries at the house and camp.
Nice!

I probably should have looked at a map before asking
Mag Bay might be a bit further than I want to go for my first trip down.
My dad will already be driving down from Willits to LA for our rendezvous...

Is anyone going to be in Gonzaga or anywhere further up the peninsula for that period? Depending on how early to mid '18 trips shape up, we might just punt otherwise.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
Baja_Traveler
Senior Member
 
Baja_Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Table 17, Bay Park Fish Co.
Posts: 814
Gonzaga is where we are talking about - Mag Bay got indefinitely postponed due to Bob's toe situation...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #15
ProfessorLongArms
Member
 
ProfessorLongArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Highland Park, CA
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Gonzaga is where we are talking about - Mag Bay got indefinitely postponed due to Bob's toe situation...
Unfortunate about the toe. Great news about Gonzaga. We will very likely be there. I will shoot you a PM shortly to discuss caravan details.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #16
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Unfortunate about the toe. Great news about Gonzaga. We will very likely be there. I will shoot you a PM shortly to discuss caravan details.
Glan to have you on board, might be 6 in camp so it should be a great get together. Hope you can mke it.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #17
ProfessorLongArms
Member
 
ProfessorLongArms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Highland Park, CA
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Glan to have you on board, might be 6 in camp so it should be a great get together. Hope you can mke it.
Wonderful! I just confirmed with my dad, and weíre both very excited. Iíll read the site, and probably be in touch soon with a million and one questions
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #18
stevie951
Lurker
 
stevie951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Riverside
Posts: 204
Bob, if you don't mind i think i'll tag along on the trip @ the end of this month. It's been too long since i have had some real mexican food What's biting this time of year?

Cheers
__________________
"A Reel expert can Tackle anything "

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #19
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Bob, if you don't mind i think i'll tag along on the trip @ the end of this month. It's been too long since i have had some real mexican food What's biting this time of year?

Cheers
Welcome back amigo.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.