Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #21
PapaDave

Sorry to hear about the feet.

Your feet, my knees.

I will crawl to the launch site if necessary!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #22
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post

Your feet, my knees.

I had both my knees replaced it is so worth it, my problem now is plantars fasciitis , but it won't keep me off the water. As long as I don't have to walk on water it won't be a problem.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #23
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Sorry about your health situation. Check out WS Tarpon 100 or 120. I use a Tarpon 100 it supports me at 200lbs. But the 120 paddles much better, pop up seat is nice and convenient too.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #24
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
I hear you Dave, keep the weight down, and just do it as long as you can. And YOU are right, crawl if you have too. To many guy's just give up because they can't be as good as they once were, so how good were they anyway? Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post

Your feet, my knees.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #25
MrPukaShell

Mako, what rack are you going with? Did you get to check some out? Any thoughts on having one made at a fabrication shop? Bet you could get one built in Mexico on the cheap if you looked around, just a thought.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #26
makobob
Baitless on Baja

I picked up the RacOne thru Home Depot, it is MUCH better designed and stronger that the Thule it is replacing. Now all I have to do is install it, oh well maybe this afternoon after it cools off some. Will take longer to take the old one off than install the new!!! Leaving for Lodi early Thursday to pick up the Stealth Pro Fisha 525. Then it is down to Gonzaga for a few days to check it out. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Mako, what rack are you going with? Did you get to check some out? Any thoughts on having one made at a fabrication shop? Bet you could get one built in Mexico on the cheap if you looked around, just a thought.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #27
toomeymd

Awesome Bob, can't wait to see it in action! Sucks about your feet, but I understand pushing through pain no matter what.
Tight lines
toomeymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #28
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Leaving for Lodi early Thursday to pick up the Stealth Pro Fisha 525. Then it is down to Gonzaga for a few days to check it out. Tight Lines.
Ive seen lots of fish and fish pictures but you better take pix of the 525 and POST THEM!

Go Bob!
Old 08-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #29
speedydk

Send a message via Yahoo to speedydk
Sorry if someone else already mentioned this but Wilderness used to make a tarpon 120 ultra lite. Might be worth looking into... I took one for a demo ride once. Light and fast but not a wide stable boat by any stretch of the imagination. Stable enough most could probably fish it but doubt anyone would be standing in one. Good luck in your quest!
Darren
speedydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #30
makobob
Baitless on Baja

DAMN, you know me and pictures................... So you and John are just going to have to set up a play day and meet me at Oceanside or Lj one afternoon and and have a go at it. BTW that invite is open to any BWE members. Just contact me and bring a 6 pk of COLD A&W Cream Sodas, your OWN pfd and paddle. Troy YOU bring your camera and then you can post them all. I know people will want to see them, it is a modified fish/ski that is fast, pretty stable, and has a gigantic storage area for rods and big fish........... AND handles surf launches and landings with MY eyes closed. Not built for bait fishermen, but I am not a masterbaiter. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Ive seen lots of fish and fish pictures but you better take pix of the 525 and POST THEM!

Go Bob!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #31
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

That kayak looks pretty nice Bob, and if it'll keep you on the water a bit longer then that's a bonus.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #32
cabojohn
PROBATION

Can't wait to check out your new kayak Bob.
Stoked for you!
Composite / Carbon Import...It doesn't get any better than this.
Stealth Pro Fisha 525-
IN for a play day!
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #33
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Good luck on the trip to Lodi. I know your truck is clueless about driving that far on pavement so watch for an off road rebellion of sorts. "Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again"
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #34
Zed
BANNED

Bob likes wine. Theres a winery right by the yak shop. Hes all set.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:19 AM   #35
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Wine, did you say wine, and only two blocks away from the kayak shop? Can you say PARADISE??? TightLines guy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Bob likes wine. Theres a winery right by the yak shop. Hes all set.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #36
Rock Hopper

Bob, I've never met you, but have been reading of your kayak adventures for years. Good luck on your search for a new kayak.

Dan is THE MAN and a long time supporter of NCKA. While you're there be sure to test paddle an Eddyline Caribbean 14. They fit your criteria. I have two and love them....as do the crew of the Islander.
Rock Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #37
makobob
Baitless on Baja

John and Troy

Guy's seeing I am making the trip anyway, do you want me to pick up an extra one for you two to fight over, or should I bring back one for each of you. Let's see, leave tomorrow night, drive to Lodi, have appointment with Dan at 10 am, purchase yak, load and hopefully be on the road back by noon. Arrive Vista 7-8 pm, finish groceries, hit the sack, get up at 2 am, truck already loaded and on the way to Gonzaga by 3 am. Cross border by 6 am, breakfast at Taco's Poblanos by 8:30, then Gonzaga before 11am. Play time!!!!!!!

This is WHAT I do to keep motivated, stay busy, no reason to get down in the dumps, take your lemons and make lemon pie, you deserve it. Quit your bellyaching and complaining, DO something for yourself. Make plans, post them, by posting you force your self to make them happen. Live EVERYDAY to it's fullest!!! You are the only one responsible for your attitude iand contentment it is ALL in your hands. Only YOU can make yourself HAPPY. If you are still having a problem with this, step back and look at it from a different direction, there is always a way. If all else fails, just take a friend fishing. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #38
kaya_one

Tarpon 140

Bob,
I have a Tarpon 140 I could let you borrow and try out. It is a circa '05 model. If you like it, take it. Good karma for me. You do a lot for this community and I haven't done much so... Daemon can vouch for the awesome orange color. Pick up in Encinitas.
Its pretty narrow, but I loved it as my first kayak.

PM sent.

Last edited by kaya_one; 08-02-2016 at 09:59 PM.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #39
toomeymd

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Let's see, leave tomorrow night, drive to Lodi, have appointment with Dan at 10 am, purchase yak, load and hopefully be on the road back by noon. Arrive Vista 7-8 pm, finish groceries, hit the sack, get up at 2 am, truck already loaded and on the way to Gonzaga by 3 am. Cross border by 6 am, breakfast at Taco's Poblanos by 8:30, then Gonzaga before 11am. Play time!!!!!!!
So...I missed the part in there where you go to the wine shop and clean out the shelves...lol
toomeymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:38 AM   #40
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaya_one View Post
Bob,
I have a Tarpon 140 I could let you borrow and try out. It is a circa '05 model. If you like it, take it. Good karma for me. You do a lot for this community and I haven't done much so... Daemon can vouch for the awesome orange color. Pick up in Encinitas.
Its pretty narrow, but I loved it as my first kayak.

PM sent.
Next in line for free beautiful orange kayak...same Karma. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote