Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #21
FISH11

Talking

Is this some kind of pissing contest. From my experience the recommendations of OEX or Andy are because of personal experience with customer service and not some special discount. First of all, as a New customer no one is entitled to some special discount that is what repeat bussiness gets you. The main thing I see is the pricing on Hobie Kayaks and gear is pretty much like Apple products, same price at all retail stores due to them controlling who will get inventory. I someone sells for less they won't get many more to sell. That is why the price tends to be the same or very close. It's all the accessories you buy where the shop has a little room to bargain. Even friends of mine who claim to have a personal friendship with one of the local Hobie dealership owners have not gotten as great a discount on the main item (Kayak) as they like to think. they got a break on other things. It seems people always like to brag "I know a guy". I think it's because it makes them feel better or smarter. Buy from who ever you want it's your money, but I don't think you will get any better customer service in all areas especially when it comes to fishing tips and gear than you will from Andy, CJ or most guys working from OEX. Lately there have been some posts of people having problems with their Hobie drive assemblies after supposedly having them gone through at a speciffic dealership. When the same kind of story is posted by different people it makes me question the technical ability of their service dept. That's my $.02, you can do what you want with your thousands.

Last edited by FISH11; 07-13-2014 at 09:19 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #22
SP Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamddo714 View Post
all the FFN users getting kayaks!!!
I know of only five members out of over a possible thousand or so FNN members, viewers and or lurkers that own or use kayaks.

Last edited by SP Dan; 07-13-2014 at 07:47 PM.
SP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
or try supporting the shop that, you know, is responsible for this message board

BOO THIS MAN
Lol, love the gif!! Got mine from OEX sunset beach.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #24
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
I know of five members out of over a thousand FNN members, viewers and lurkers.

UH OH!

Team FNN!
Old 07-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #25
SP Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
I'm in the market to purchase a completely set up 2013-2014 Hobie Outback with Mirage drive including an Elite 5 - 7 HDI fish finder / GPS and battery, turbo fins, sailing rudder, live bait well with battery and all terrain wheels.
I'm currently getting prices at kayak shops. I'm shopping for a really good price.
Dan

I want to thank all of you for sharing your personal experiences, advice and efforts during my quest of purchasing a sea worthy fishing kayak.
I have pulled the trigger and have purchased a fishing kayak ..... mission accomplished .
I will be picking it up tomorrow after work.

Tight lines!

SP Dan <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan; 07-13-2014 at 07:48 PM.
SP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #26
tamddo714

Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see you on the water sometime!
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #27
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks for your purchase Dan! Dan came in yesterday to talk and left today with everything he wanted.

For the peanut gallery, I always appreciate the back pats!

There are a LOT of Hobie dealers, we are supposed to get our customers with our service. I am not trying to be the cheapest kayak shop in So Cal. I get a lot of calls and e mails for my "best price" I opt for offering my best service. Thank you.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
jorluivil

We got your back!!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
dlmoo
Junior

see you on the water soon, brother Dan
dlmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #30
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I get a lot of calls and e mails for my "best price" I opt for offering my best service. Thank you.

Damn right you do, your miles above the rest; that's why we got your back. Andy, it would severely hurt this community if you weren't there, and we want to make sure your still there for the next time we drop by.

By the way, I need some hatches.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #31
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thanks for your purchase Dan! Dan came in yesterday to talk and left today with everything he wanted.

For the peanut gallery, I always appreciate the back pats!

There are a LOT of Hobie dealers, we are supposed to get our customers with our service. I am not trying to be the cheapest kayak shop in So Cal. I get a lot of calls and e mails for my "best price" I opt for offering my best service. Thank you.

Service at OEX is something you can't put a price on. Don't know of anywhere else that get's the loyalty OEX does.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote