Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
SP Dan

Just getting started

I'm in the market to purchase a completely set up 2013-2014 Hobie Outback with Mirage drive including an Elite 5 - 7 HDI fish finder / GPS and battery, turbo fins, sailing rudder, live bait well with battery and all terrain wheels.
I'm currently getting prices at kayak shops. I'm shopping for a really good price.
Dan

Last edited by SP Dan; 07-12-2014 at 03:50 AM.
SP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
bubblehide

Talk to Andy at Sunset Beach OEX. Mention my name, and he'll charge you double.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Talk to Andy at Sunset Beach OEX. Mention my name, and he'll charge you double.
Andy's hooked me up twice and done the same for a few others that I know. Contact him and he'll hook you up.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
momo fish

X2. Andy is awesome and will help you out. Best part will not be the initial purchase but all the support and help you will get in the future as things will break and you will also need advise. He is a wealth of knowledge and good guy to work with.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
crazywakeboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Andy's hooked me up twice and done the same for a few others that I know. Contact him and he'll hook you up.
I shopped around and Andy didn't want to make any deals with me. Only a discount on accessories which everyone does.

Try Mike at Southwind Kayak Center. He's got 18 months 0% financing, but was willing to knock off some $$ paying cash so I went that route

I also picked up my Elite 7 HDI finder/GPS from thegpsstore.com They were $60 under everywhere else for my unit and you save sales tax. They have free shipping as well as 2nd day air for only $9.95 if you want it fast.

Last edited by crazywakeboarder; 07-12-2014 at 01:13 AM.
crazywakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:34 AM   #6
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywakeboarder View Post
I shopped around and Andy didn't want to make any deals with me. Only a discount on accessories which everyone does.

Try Mike at Southwind Kayak Center. He's got 18 months 0% financing, but was willing to knock off some $$ paying cash so I went that route

I also picked up my Elite 7 HDI finder/GPS from thegpsstore.com They were $60 under everywhere else for my unit and you save sales tax. They have free shipping as well as 2nd day air for only $9.95 if you want it fast.

or try supporting the shop that, you know, is responsible for this message board

BOO THIS MAN
Old 07-12-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
GregAndrew

Quote:

And I am sure you deserved a deal walking in off the street, or just calling as the case may be, for all you do in the kayak community. Your first post and you are already making so many friends. You can invest in a relationship or you can save a few bucks.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
crazywakeboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
And I am sure you deserved a deal walking in off the street, or just calling as the case may be, for all you do in the kayak community. Your first post and you are already making so many friends. You can invest in a relationship or you can save a few bucks.
Yes I am new to kayak fishing.

I was replying to the OP's post, stating hes "shopping kayak stores and looking for a really good price." Which is what I did recently and shared the two places I found my answer. Regarding a relationship, if you believe you need to buy from Andy before he will help you I think you have the wrong opinion of him. He and the other staff answered my questions and spent time with me. But when I lined every shop up Mike had the best offer for me and that is all I was sharing for the OP. I didnt say Andy was a bad guy, I just found a better deal elsewhere is all.

I don't remember reading anywhere to follow or post on this forum requires that you are now committed to OEX exclusively. He didnt make a sale this time but ill be back next time I need gear and maybe we will, thats the beauty of a competitive market. I conduct myself with the idea that at the end of the day the owner runs a business. No matter how nice he was to me he's in business to make a profit and therefore im looking to get the best deal

Last edited by crazywakeboarder; 07-12-2014 at 07:27 AM.
crazywakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
food4less562

food4less562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #10
bubblehide

Quote:

I was replying to the OP's post, stating hes "shopping kayak stores and looking for a really good price." Which is what I did recently and shared the two places I found my answer. Regarding a relationship, if you believe you need to buy from Andy before he will help you I think you have the wrong opinion of him. He and the other staff answered my questions and spent time with me. But when I lined every shop up Mike had the best offer for me and that is all I was sharing for the OP. I didnt say Andy was a bad guy, I just found a better deal elsewhere is all.

I don't remember reading anywhere to follow or post on this forum requires that you are now committed to OEX exclusively. He didnt make a sale this time but ill be back next time I need gear and maybe we will, thats the beauty of a competitive market. I conduct myself with the idea that at the end of the day the owner runs a business. No matter how nice he was to me he's in business to make a profit and therefore im looking to get the best deal

Whaaat-evvv-errrrrrr
Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #11
bubblehide

Popcorn
Old 07-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #12
Zed
BANNED

Give the guy a break. I always bought my ice from Stater Brahs and Andy never dissed me for it.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Welcome to the forum
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4less562 View Post
best yet hahaha
Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

This the same SP Dan of SWAT and FNN.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #16
jorluivil

Quote:

DING! DING! DING!

No one ever wrote or said that it was mandatory to buy from OEX but do you think this site runs on the occasional 'Thank You'? Or on the occasional 'Andy is a great guy!' comment?

If you owned a car shop and your past or present customers were posting threads on your website telling everyone else to go see Joe down the street for a better deal how would that make you feel? If you want to get yourself or someone else a better deal perhaps you should try telling them in a not so public way. I can assure you that if this was my site I would delete that thread without evening thinking twice about it.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #17
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
DING! DING! DING!

No one ever wrote or said that it was mandatory to buy from OEX but do you think this site runs on the occasional 'Thank You'? Or on the occasional 'Andy is a great guy!' comment?

If you owned a car shop and your past or present customers were posting threads on your website telling everyone else to go see Joe down the street for a better deal how would that make you feel? If you want to get yourself or someone else a better deal perhaps you should try telling them in a not so public way. I can assure you that if this was my site I would delete that thread without evening thinking twice about it.
Once again Jorge has stumbled onto the truth.

"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
johnnyblaze2009

I think OEX is gonna be alright, regardless of how much money this forum sends their way. They sell tackle there too and I'm sure they are not getting pissed off when we buy elsewhere. I love OEX personally, and I have Andy on speed dial if I need something, but I also am trying to stretch my dollar when outfitting my kayak. But in reference to the post originally, Andy sold me a new Hobie PA 12 for a killer deal pre-Fred Hall Show, and a certain percentage off accessories until my build was completed. I have also bought buddy kayaks from him at a price that could not be beaten. When I accessorize a kayak, my first choice is OEX Sunset Beach, even before West Marine or the Bass Pro Shops. Damn, I sound like a commercial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
johnnyblaze2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #19
SP Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
This the same SP Dan of SWAT and FNN.
Yes. The same SP Dan <"))><
SP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #20
tamddo714

all the FFN users getting kayaks!!!