Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
5 YEARS on BWE

On Friday the 18th of May it is FIVE years ago I joined our BWE COMMUNITY. In that time 52 fishing
trips were planned for Baja. 48 were completed. Most were good to GREAT trips. The non completed
trips were cancelled because of my failing health.

I have gained so much from our community, I have made lots of friends and have gained tons of
fishing insite. I want to thank OEX, both Sunset Beach and Mission Bay, they SUPPORT so much of
OUR community. This Friday I pick up my 2nd Solo Skiff and a new Hobie Compass. OEX has taken
care of me for years and I thank them for all their excellent help, rigging, general help.

The members of BWE all deserve and have EARNED my respect and support. You guys are wonderful.
You support Heroes on the Water, you support our fishing tournaments and each other. BWE is a
pretty COOL group of people.

In 5 years no one has taken the time to POST a negative comment on any of my posts. I find that
hard to believe, but thank you for holding it in when I may have wronged some of you. I am sorry.

Because of my lost FOOT, I will not be leading future Baja trips. That does NOT mean I will not be
going, just not leading. Mako-ville will stay open to our community to use. You all know how to
contact me.

My good friend Dave Sivak will be running the camp at mako-ville, I will still be in the loop.
Mako-ville IS NOT self supporting, so I ask that you replace what you use. Clean up after
yourselves, fix what you break and take care of the place. I built this camp for OUR COMMUNITY
and friends. Use and enjoy it.

If you guys and girls take care of this place it will be there a log as you want. This is an open
lease on the land as long as the lease is paid every year it is YOURS to enjoy. Starting this year
those using the camp are expected to contribute $20.00 per person per week to the camp fund.
This will cover the cost of water. It costs us $50 to fill both water tanks. So please make sure
you close the valves, water is precious in Baja, conserve it. One tank feeds the kitchen and
bathroom, the other is for the fish cleaning table.

Your contributions will also help cover the cost of repairs AND help off set the $1600 per year
lease. So pitch in and help Dave keep this place up. When you leave camp after your trip please
clean up, that should include taking your things from the refrigerator. Leave the place for the next
group.

The NEW solar system, thanks to Dave is running great, we have all the ac and dc power we need
to run the place. Power for the refer, freezer, and to charge all your electronics. We have my
Gregor, two Solo Skiffs and a kayak or two for your use, along with the Quad and the 4x4 dodge
truck for launching. So part of your contributions will to helpcover the costs of maintaince on the
TOYS.
Heck there is even a Phantom 4 pro quad copter for your use, just remember FIX what you break.
I share and you two will need to share while in camp.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all. And I hope that YOU get a chance to experience
OUR PARADISE. Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 05-14-2018 at 11:07 AM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
Baja_Traveler

Age on the boards means nothing Bob.

Even though I've been on BWE for much longer, I have not even come close to making the contributions, connections and friends in the community that you have.

This place would be like everywhere else on the web without you here, so thank you for your 5 years of friendship and contribution to this community.

Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Age on the boards means nothing Bob.

Even though I've been on BWE for much longer, I have not even come close to making the contributions, connections and friends in the community that you have.

This place would be like everywhere else on the web without you here, so thank you for your 5 years of friendship and contribution to this community.

X2 Couldn't have said it better.

Thank you Robert for introducing me to the fishing part of Baja that I never knew I loved.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
Mike scales

Bob, thank you, thanks you, so much for showing me paradise. You definitely changed the game for me and many others the day we set foot at Makoville. I will always return in October for some Baja sun, night time camp fires and excellent fishing on the fly.
Dave is the perfect man for the job. Looking forward to seeing the troops and you there soon!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
fourtogo

Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
On Friday the 18th of May it is FIVE years ago I joined our BWE COMMUNITY. In that time 52 fishing
trips were planned for Baja. 48 were completed. Most were good to GREAT trips. The non completed
trips were cancelled because of my failing health.

I have gained so much from our community, I have made lots of friends and have gained tons of
fishing insite. I want to thank OEX, both Sunset Beach and Mission Bay, they SUPPORT so much of
OUR community. This Friday I pick up my 2nd Solo Skiff and a new Hobie Compass. OEX has taken
care of me for years and I thank them for all their excellent help, rigging, general help.

The members of BWE all deserve and have EARNED my respect and support. You guys are wonderful.
You support Heroes on the Water, you support our fishing tournaments and each other. BWE is a
pretty COOL group of people.

In 5 years no one has taken the time to POST a negative comment on any of my posts. I find that
hard to believe, but thank you for holding it in when I may have wronged some of you. I am sorry.

Because of my lost FOOT, I will not be leading future Baja trips. That does NOT mean I will not be
going, just not leading. Mako-ville will stay open to our community to use. You all know how to
contact me.

My good friend Dave Sivak will be running the camp at mako-ville, I will still be in the loop.
Mako-ville IS NOT self supporting, so I ask that you replace what you use. Clean up after
yourselves, fix what you break and take care of the place. I built this camp for OUR COMMUNITY
and friends. Use and enjoy it.

If you guys and girls take care of this place it will be there a log as you want. This is an open
lease on the land as long as the lease is paid every year it is YOURS to enjoy. Starting this year
those using the camp are expected to contribute $20.00 per person per week to the camp fund.
This will cover the cost of water. It costs us $50 to fill both water tanks. So please make sure
you close the valves, water is precious in Baja, conserve it. One tank feeds the kitchen and
bathroom, the other is for the fish cleaning table.

Your contributions will also help cover the cost of repairs AND help off set the $1600 per year
lease. So pitch in and help Dave keep this place up. When you leave camp after your trip please
clean up, that should include taking your things from the refrigerator. Leave the place for the next
group.

The NEW solar system, thanks to Dave is running great, we have all the ac and dc power we need
to run the place. Power for the refer, freezer, and to charge all your electronics. We have my
Gregor, two Solo Skiffs and a kayak or two for your use, along with the Quad and the 4x4 dodge
truck for launching. So part of your contributions will to helpcover the costs of maintaince on the
TOYS.
Heck there is even a Phantom 4 pro quad copter for your use, just remember FIX what you break.
I share and you two will need to share while in camp.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all. And I hope that YOU get a chance to experience
OUR PARADISE. Tight Lines amigos.
For th3 people that use this what a Awsome thing to use .
fourtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtogo View Post
For th3 people that use this what a Awsome thing to use .
And for the people who don't use this: WHY NOT? Thanks for your comments. Again thanks guys, Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote