Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
PapaDave

You guy's eat when you're fishing?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
You guy's eat when you're fishing?
Right? My list usually consists of a 6 pack, or a 1/5 of Rum.. Then some chicken sandwiches from Jack just in case

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
stevie951
Lurker

However, this dude I follow on IG that fishes locally posted these things up..

http://www.omeals.com

Steam vented, self heating pre packaged meals.. Pretty cool.. Not sure if he is up on these boards so here is his pic OTW.. Hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.13.06 PM.jpg (93.7 KB, 206 views)

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #4
Flounder

I usually head out with 40oz of ice water energy drink and a 6 pack for LJ, Breakfast burrito on my way out the door. Come back when I get hungry usually around 1-2 if i brought food like those MRE's the gf might disown me. If im local just a few brews or H2O.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
FISH11

Talking Snacks or food while kayak fishing

Every trip I take whether on a lake or La Jolla, I always take the same necessary items. In my soft sided cooler are 6 beers (usually Tecate original), a Ham and Pepper Jack cheese sandwich from home or a Subway sandwich, an apple, granola bar, and a bottle of water (to rinse off the screen on my FF). Any time I'm going to be out on the water from 6 to 11 hours, I have to eat something because of the physical work out either on my Hobie Revo or padding my Malibu X Factor. Some times you don't get to eat when you want to. In this picture I had trolled and drifted many hours, I was just about ready to call it a day. I thought I would stop and finally eat my sandwich and have another beer. I still had my flylined mac out and stopped in the area were we usually make bait just outside the boundary. I get my sandwich and the beer and before I can even take a bite or open the new beer the reel start to scream. I put the sandwich inside the top portion of my PFD and start to bring this beautiful Yellow on board. When I was done I finally got to enjoy the sandwich and beer before heading in. It made a wonderful lunch and got a great picture of the fish and of the Kayak heading in with the 34 lb Yellow sticking out of the Fish Kill Bag. That is one of my favorite pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOPR0527.jpg (50.7 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5260.jpg (54.7 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-09-2018, 06:01 AM   #6
dpricenator

Yeah, that's an awesome picture.

I always bring 3 or 4 hearty Granola bars, like the kind full of whole nuts, and a few bottles of water. Otherwise, I usually bring along a couple left handed cigarettes. They make my eyes all squinty, so it keeps the sun out.
dpricenator is offline   Reply With Quote