Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Ivine today!

Nice start to the day, but the wind came up pretty early and made things tough. Some got limits and some got rainbows and browns. Some got 7 and 8 pounders, 141 people showed up for today's tourney, but there can only be one person to win the most prestigious "smallest fish weighed in.lol

Thank you.............I stuck it back out on a 2/0 hook.......but no takers.

Good eats, new shades in the raffle.........good friends! good day!

Thanks Plastic Navy and WON for hosting this.

Last edited by Iceman; 03-15-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
lamb

It sounds like fun.

I was hoping to be better and fish this tournament, but I'm still under the weather.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
DESTROYER

Thanks for the report Andy! I heard a float tuber landed an 11 pounder only to get DQ for going to the shore to fight it...bummer! I really wish I could have made it, but I got some serious stuff going on at work right now.

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Will B.

I saw the guy fighting the fish from shore by the dock standing on his two legs--out of his float tube. The fish went under the dock and he passed his pole under the dock to another person and still another person netted the fish. So it was definately an illegal tournament fish. In addition, he did not tell the truth about what had happened at first and acted in a threatening manner.

So it was no bummer that he didnt win. It was right that he got the DQ.

Last edited by Will B.; 03-16-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Will B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
SHARK BAIT

ANDY, I AM GLAD YOU BROUGHT IT UP ABOUT YOUR WOPPER!!! LOL HOW LONG DID THE SLAY RIDE LAST??? LOL

HAD ALOT OF FUN. GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT FOOD, BUT NO BEER. WAS NICE UNTILL THE WIND CAME , BUT I WAS TIED OFF TO A BUY. HA HA!!

I ENDED UP WITH A 1.62LB RAINBOW. ONE FISH, AND A GREAT TIME, CAN YOU ASK FOR MUCH MORE??
OH YA, TRIED TO PUT PICS ON AND I CANT. IT SAYS MY FILE IS TO BIG (SOUNDS LIKE MY WIFE)LOL. HOW DO I UP LOAD THE PICS FROM MY COMPUTER?
SHARK BAIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
landwhale

Good to see you out there in the new 13, looks good on you. Congratulations on your prestigious award. I only was able to catch one fish.

New personal best and good enough for a top ten finish. Great day with fun people and thanks again to Plastic Navy for putting on another great event

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
cabojohn
PROBATION

What a great fun day. I got to paddle & fish with my family and that to me is priceless!
There were some really nice fish caught...and lost.
We didn't catch chit but that didn't matter cuz we could NOT have weighed in a fish in regardless...I launched us early and DQ'd us. I didn't realize this until all the kayaks were on the water getting in position for the shot gun start. doh...I already had lines in the water fishing. It is what it is. If anyone was wondering this was not intentional and I appologize. I was just over excited to get my wife and daughter going. That jackass was me. I know better...this wasn't my first rodeo.

As always, Drew, Paul & Familes run a top notch event. Plastic Navy events ROCK! They did a great job with this one too.
The sponsors kicked down a lot of killer schwag! My daughter lucked into a Lowrance VHF and she got some kewl stuff from Berkely & Hook1.

Looking forward to the next one. I won't blow it again.

Last edited by cabojohn; 03-17-2008 at 03:10 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
bigderel
UberMember

Cabojohn - you think that's bad, I forgot to sign in! It isn't like it was my first rodeo either - and I didn't even realize it until I was fishing with Drew and he mentioned it.

Fun day, but no triploid stockers for me. I was sure that I'd hang a fatty when I found I wasn't eligible for any jackpots.
bigderel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
Dane101

X fac

What model yak is that Andy?Is that a up dated X?The bow looks much sharper than a regular X factor.
Dane101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
JrBasser

That is the new X-13. Looks like a fun time. Glad the fish bit for you guys.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote