Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Dennis

LJ 1/22 am

Launched a little before 0500. The surf was up a little. I thought I'd time it right and get out dry... :roll: . I took a couple over the bow, then the last to the chin.
It looked like I was the only one out, but then I noticed another yak in the distance. Nice meeting you Barry.. Thanks for the assist.
Tossed and yo-yoed the iron for a calico and a eel... Also caught a rockfish on a ghost shrimp. That was about it. Met up with Ryan, on the water and paddled in at 1000. Landed at low tide, with the waves still up. I ended up rolling a little at the landing... Thanks, Ryan!! :lol:

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Ryan The Sealion

that was for using ghost shrimp!! :lol:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
PlasticSkipper

I fished from 10:00am to 5:00pm yesterday. I saw your landing Dennis, but didn't recognize you until I was wading out trying to time the sets. I would call it a controlled roll. When I got past the buoys I saw that the sport boat Sea Watch was pulling up their anchor so I waited for them to untangle lobster traps from their prop and then took their spot between Gods Rock and Anchor Rock. I figured they had been working a chum line for a while and it might be good for something, an hour later I realized I was wrong, nothing biting and very few marks on the FF. Then I went out to the NW corner, nothing on the FF, followed the canyon edge back towards the marine reserve, talked to a few people who hadn't seen any fish either. Trolled a rapala on one line and a dead squid with squid skirt and 2oz slider above a swivel on another over to the pier. Worked the squid on the bottom for a while. Went North to the TP artificial reefs, first time I have not metered fish in that area. Worked the bottom for halibut for another hour or so and then trolled back to the marine reserve. Almost 10 miles. I suck at fishing. Maybe tomorrow! Dave
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
TunaBreath

Dennis,

Nice meeting you out there as well, thanks for the Gulp. I stayed out until about 11:30. Ended up the day with about 6 Calicos, 4 Sculpins, that big Leopard Shark that you saw, and a mix of Whitefish etc. but nothing worth taking home unfortunately. Beautiful day nonetheless. Looking forward to the next time.

Barry
TunaBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
PlasticSkipper

Something else, the water was cold, I'm guessing 57 or 58 degrees and more brown than green. The brown color was consistent from the cove up to the glider port. Dave
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
Ryan The Sealion

^ yeah water was filthy lookin :cry:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote