Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #101
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
There's an old joke they used to tell when I was a kid:

A guy offers a women he just met 20 grand to sleep with him and she readily agrees, then he offers her 1 dollar and she get's offended saying something like "What do you think I am?" The guy responds "We've already determined exactly what you are, now we're just haggling over price.

In this case the guy has already shown what he is, he's just come forward to haggle over price. By that I mean that now that he was essentually busted, he's just trying mitigate what his actions will cost him by returning the drive. It's completely based in self interest, he's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

If I was Scallywag I'd be happy to get my drive back and might even forgive the guy, and it's certainly in his rights to do so, but that doesn't change this guys nature. Or make him any less what he is.

Obviously he's a lowlife, a thug, a thief, in fact he's such a lowlife he staked out the launch till he found a easy drive to steal, then talked his girl into doing the dirty work for him ,which suggests he's a user and a coward as well. I'd add that his girlfriend is either incredibly stupid or just as bad as he is. It's not like she was stealing groceries to feed her kids. It may be easier to forgive, but don't expect them to change, forget who they really are, or what they are really about.

It's just like these lowlifes who break into or vandalize vehicles at launch sites. It may be easier to let it slide on the legal side, but you should never forget who's the people are, what they are capable of, that ultimately they are just thugs and that they are never to be trusted.

Jim

This is good. I liked it.

Let me go find a 20thousand dollar girl. Well first i have to find someone who really thinks i have 20k to spare. LOL

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #102
ericko

Ya frank cause if you did have 20k i would suggest a new used truck and a brand new HOBIE PA
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #103
yaksailor

I tend to agree with Jim's assessment, but wouldn't be happy just to get my stuff back. Not that I am vengeful, but that I'd like to keep the guy from doing the same thing to someone else on this board. At least for a few months.

The perp probably got his girlfriend to do the dirty work because he has 2 strikes already, which tells me he's not changeable. He doesn't feel remorse or guilt, but he obviously knows the system and is trying to bargain.
yaksailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #104
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
There's an old joke they used to tell when I was a kid:

A guy offers a women he just met 20 grand to sleep with him and she readily agrees, then he offers her 1 dollar and she get's offended saying something like "What do you think I am?" The guy responds "We've already determined exactly what you are, now we're just haggling over price.

In this case the guy has already shown what he is, he's just come forward to haggle over price. By that I mean that now that he was essentually busted, he's just trying mitigate what his actions will cost him by returning the drive. It's completely based in self interest, he's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

If I was Scallywag I'd be happy to get my drive back and might even forgive the guy, and it's certainly in his rights to do so, but that doesn't change this guys nature, or make him any less what he is.

Obviously he's a lowlife, a thug, a thief. In fact he's such a lowlife he staked out the launch till he found a easy drive to steal, then talked his girl into doing the dirty work for him ,which suggests he's a user and a coward as well. I'd add that his girlfriend is either incredibly stupid or just as bad as he is. It's not like she was stealing groceries to feed her kids, she had to know the drive was not his. It may be easier to forgive, but don't expect them to change, forget who they really are, or what they are really about.

It's just like these lowlifes who break into, or vandalize vehicles at launch sites. It may be easier to let it slide on the legal side, but you should never forget who these people really are, what they are capable of, that ultimately they are just thugs and that they are never to be trusted.

Jim

Wow Jim, that just puts the whole situation in a true perspective, it simply couldn't have been said any better.

Scally, I'm glad to hear you got the drive back!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote