Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

DFG is on the Hunt

I was at Dana Landing in Mission Bay this afternoon picking up some tackle for tomorrow and there were two DFG Warden trucks inspecting a guys catch. Not long after that I see the boat parked along side the Dana Landing Deli and Tackle Store. Not sure if that's where it is normally, or if the guy got popped and he had to park it there to be towed. It's open for speculation. Anyway this is two weeks in a row I have seen DFG in numbers at the landings. Keep your noses clean out there this weekend.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I am bringing diapERS!!!!
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Reel Anxious
Flippin' Photographer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
I am bringing diapERS!!!!
And don't forget those nose wipes fella.
Reel Anxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
jorluivil

I'm sure they're just writing citations for no apparent reason. Isn't that what we normally hear when someone gets popped?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
FISHIONADO

I bet you are a cool dude and just trying to help, but this is kind of offensive. I expect people to be careful to follow the guidelines all the time. Poachers suck.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I don't know what you guys think i am going to use those dirty diapers for...

but the diapers comment was started on this thread:

Quote:
Nothing we can do. I see Beverly hils code enforcement do it all the time. They target the gardeners for their bus license all the time because it is the easiest to fill their quota next time I'll just put one of my kids poop diaper on my front hatch for them lol maybe I'll booby trap and I'll tell them I wouldn't open that front hatch unless you want to be touching some poops and when he opens it I will tell them I tried to warn you

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=10309

i guess it was a lame joke after all...

On another note: i do not agree that DFG is just targeting people who they think can pay the tickets.(messed up) If they are going to enforce something they should enforce it on all the people.
I agree that we should all follow the laws since they are there to protect the fish from over fishing and DFG is there to do it.

It is going to be a matter of time before they start doing pat downs on kayakers because they are getting desperate for money. ( actually someone already PMed me one of our fellow kayakers already got a pat down just because he felt like doing one)

Well i guess we just have to suck it up and be happy we can still fish....

Last edited by wiredantz; 05-29-2011 at 10:03 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
jorluivil

Not trying to offend anyone. I hate it when people complain about getting popped for not having their stuff in order. How often do you hear someone say 'I screwed up'.......anyway, just my $.02. No popcorn needed for this one.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
I bet you are a cool dude and just trying to help, but this is kind of offensive. I expect people to be careful to follow the guidelines all the time. Poachers suck.

X2

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
oneyedeer

Glad they doing their job

It's nice to know that they are keeping people honest...limits are set for a good reason I love the sport and I want my kids to experience the same thing or even better. So that's why whenever I see them I always give them a hand shake and tell them they are doing a good job!
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
jorluivil

Quote:
I don't know what you guys think i am going to use those dirty diapers for...

but the diapers comment was started on this thread:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=10309

i guess it was a lame joke after all... LOL

On another note: i do not agree that DFG is just targeting people who they think can pay the tickets. If they are going to enforce something they should enforce it on all the people.
I agree that we should all follow the laws since they are there to protect the fish from over fishing. It is going to be a matter of time before they start doing pat downs on kayakers because they are getting desperate for money.

Don't bring any diapers with you tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
MuddyMike

No offense taken here Jimmy. Thanks for the report. They were also out yesterday in the bay. They boarded a cattle boat, and were just patrolling the area. They passed by us a few times, didn't make contact though.

I waved as they were real close looking at us, didn't wave back, nod, or smile. I guess I wouldn't want to be working over the holiday weekend either.

My buddy made an honest mistake of forgetting his license a couple weeks ago and caught his personal best WSB. Yes, he did own a valid license, and just didn't have it in possession. They checked him when we landed and took the WSB and wrote him a ticket.

Just because someone is helping people be aware of when DFG is out in force doesn't mean only poachers can use the reminder to keep everything in order.
MuddyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMike View Post
Just because someone is helping people be aware of when DFG is out in force doesn't mean only poachers can use the reminder to keep everything in order.
i agree, it is like flashing your headlights to warn people that there is a speed trap ahead and to watch your speed. just a friendly warning to help people from getting those tickets.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
FISHIONADO

I figured Jimmy was a good guy and just trying to help, thanks for letting me get my "Poachers Suck" message out there. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day, and appreciate our fallen comrades.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote