Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Mission Bay Classic Parking

Here is an aerial shot of the point lots of parking for vehicles but no spots that look to accommodate trailers. We will be setting up on the end of the peninsula.

Ventura Cove parking lot will be over flow and you are welcome to paddle over from there to shot gun start at 7am trailer parking here is questionable.

Best bet for trailer parking is at the Dana Landing and paddling over, lot is located in bottom right of photo.

Access to Bahia Point may be closed from 12am-4am, I know there used to be a gated entrance, have not been there in quite awhile so if anyone knows otherwise please chime in. Tail gaters may have issue, I don't know for sure.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
MikeLee
Junior

Thanks for the info! I will probably set up near the Ventura Cove parking lot. Hopefully it isnt full when I get there a little before 06!

Looking at google maps streetview, it looks like the gate will be closed from 10pm to 4am, with only the option to exit bahia point.

https://ibb.co/C8sdymD

Last edited by MikeLee; 04-11-2019 at 06:07 PM.
MikeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
FoodGeekFish

Per signage, overnight parking is allowed, but no overnight camping or sleeping. Take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by FoodGeekFish; 04-11-2019 at 08:35 PM.
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
Bait Killer
NOOB

Parking lot hours

I was there last weekend at 4am and the lot was closed. I waited about 15min and it was never opened. Is there someone to call if it is not open or to ensure it will be open on Saturday.
Bait Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #5
inbx3

The "road" between Bahia Pt and Ventura Cove is all parking along both sides. Ventura Cove is mainly a swimming area and have been told by lifeguards before that kayaks aren't allowed to launch there. But seeing as they probably won't be there @ 0700, it's up to you. The Ventura Cove lot is large enough to accommodate trailers, but you'd have to roll your kayak to the water. The best place to launch is Dana Landing like Andy said.
BTW. The grassy area where that's pinpointed is kinda small. Maybe think about using the large grassy area as HQ for bbq, raffle, etc... as it has more room to accommodate canopies, chairs, whatever.

Either way, it'll be a fun event. Good luck and see everyone tomorrow.
inbx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks for chiming in on this!

Quote:
The grassy area where that's pinpointed is kinda small. Maybe think about using the large grassy area as HQ for bbq, raffle, etc... as it has more room to accommodate canopies, chairs, whatever.
Agreed! the pin was just where google set it when searching for Bahia point.

Quote:
I was there last weekend at 4am and the lot was closed. I waited about 15min and it was never opened. Is there someone to call if it is not open or to ensure it will be open on Saturday.

Nobody to call if lot is not open at 4 am. Should have plenty of time to make the 7 am shotgun start. If launching early for the halibut division may want to consider other options.

See you all in the morning!