Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #21
pchen911

Sooner or later, the kayak is bound to pop up on craigslist with the mismatched pedals.

If I recall correctly, the difference between an 03 pedal and the new one is the mechanism used to pop out the retaining pin used for setting leg length.

On the 03 model pedal, you have to pull the pins out of the hole and the mechanism is made of wire, and the newer ones you squeeze the mechanism made out of molded plastic to re-adjust pin setting, is that right?

Just want to know what to watch out for if the thief knows he can't use the boat anymore and puts it up for sale somewhere.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

I wanna hear a happy ending to this. Too many $%^& get away with it!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #23
RK

pchen yes you squeeze the plastic together on the new ones
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
-scallywag-
Banned

Damn, thanks guys!!!

And great work with the launch/truck pics...and gettin the plate#'s on the scene Dominic !!! Thanks to you that guy is burnt!!

CA LIC# 8W0805?
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #25
Aaron&Julie

Nail the bastard. With someone getting the license plate, there's no way police shouldn't get him. This can't be tolerated by our law enforcement officers, we have too much valuable equipment at risk.
Hopefully, he's not driving a stolen vehicle, too.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #26
lamb

That really sucks.

But it sounds like it's going to be really hard for these guys to get away with their dirty chit.

Check out Mike's timelapse of the webcam - it may even be caught on camera. This is from Sunday 10/2

Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #27
swinginFish

WTG

What's happening w/ this thread, i.e., the heads up, pictures of the perps., their truck and, most importantly, the link to the site where a license plate number can be tracked, represents one of the best things about this kind of site. While there's no lack of competitiveness amongst us, banding together to identify, isolate and catch someone who doesn't "play by the rules" (i.e., rips any of us off) is - well its just very cool. Good work, amigos. Hope it helps bring this low-life to justice!

"VIGILANTE": An individual who intends - or a member of a volunteer committee organized - to suppress and summarily punish criminals (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly: self-appointed doer(s) of justice.

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #28
sdfishman

56 seconds
sdfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
pchen911

Here is a gray outback for sale on Craigslist put up around noon today.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/boa/2632349903.html

Listing says it's 4 years old, but based on the round front hatch in the photo, it is not... It should be older than 4 years old to have the round front hatch.

I asked for a photo and will see if he sends one, will update if he does send the picture of boat and drive. Or someone in the north county (Carlsbad) can go and see if a viewing can be arranged.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Darkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfishman View Post
56 seconds
thats what i thought too, guy comes off the barriers then too....
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #31
xpresso2am

This just blows man..it is an honorable sport with great peeps and then some scum bag does this!!!
xpresso2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
THE DARKHORSE

Nice work, Dom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsurf2ca View Post
Scally I was hoping you would post something. There are some images of him and his chick at the triangle.

I was the guy who noticed what happened. I spoke with another member who helped me get the photo of the guy. Guess his vehicle never shows up on the cam.

Big Tattoo on his chest. His hobie is an 03 outback it should be pretty easy to spot him if I see him again. Also not to many of those outbacks have the V2 turbo fins. He just lost his LJ privileges. Here's a photo. The other red arrow is where scally had his revo. Also this is a smilar picture of the truck

I hadn't noticed his chick until I saw a girl walking down the street with turbo fins. As soon as I seen her get in that car I took off trying to get the license info. Hope you can get these back.

Message to Theif...Return IT!

Damn, Jeremiah, that sucks!

Is there any lower form of life on the planet? Not only being a thief, but talking your chic into swiping stuff for you? F'n thieves!

Is it just me, or does this kind of crap always happen to the nice guy? This might be the, one, time and place, where my natural scowl comes in handy.

I was parked just to the left of the web-cam image. Right next to the suspected criminals. I saw them, too. It's not like two people sitting by a kayak draws that much attention, though. My kayak was there, just out of camera view---with two Mirage Drives on board!

The ballsy display in the middle of the day is what's the most impressive: A packed beach, with other kayak anglers, going about there business loading and unloading. Thanks to guys like, Dominic, for watching his brothers back!

That's one fine way to break into a code group if you asked me.

Personally, having the information that's been presented, I probably would have kept it quiet. Then again, I would have wanted to warn other kayak anglers as well. So, good on Jeremiah for putting up a public warning.

I just know, that being the complete idiot this guy obviously is, he would come back to fish La Jolla. If he is indeed a fishermen, the luhr is just too great! Maybe after a couple of "Fresh To Death" reports---and I would most assuredly hit a home run with my Halibut-bat, take back my pedals, open his front hatch, flop his lifeless body in the Southbound current and keep fishing without missing a beat. If the thief is reading this, you better choose your victims wisely. I can assure you, street justice is alive and well!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #33
bellcon

Them?

(not sure the girl in pic 3 is the same has the one in pic 4)
A fast clicking job might get more pics? or someone with more computer skills?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #34
wade

Quit wasting time, the cops wont do jack shit. if i had the money id get the address right now & return with the peddles. you may have to extract some teeth from them though before your next outing. lets make a citizens arrest. i am ready right NOW!. i am not kidding, i am dead serious. lets go.......
i need one extra person (side lines) just in case his thieving girlfriend gets involved again or worse..
my email is linked to my blackberry sideversion@hotmail.
& as soon as i receive a bwe PM, remember to include your #

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #35
Gigafish

Wow very hard to believe someone would do something like that. Good pics good
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #36
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

You can do it wade!

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #37
GregAndrew

Any indication that the Police are not going to pursue, and I am in for the posse. It is about time for a happy ending on one of these damn crappy starting stories.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #38
bluesquids

Sucks Jer. I got the plates in a similar scenario a few years back... two detectives knocked on my door wanting me to pick the perp out of a photo line up. The Asshat should be toast.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #39
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

Didn't you see that truck with a screaming kicking kid being thrown inside.... That truck would be found really quick!

For real though.... Wouldn't a local news team do a little investigating for you? Especially if you include all the theft in the last few months / weeks...

I still propose we all mark our stuff, that way it is that much easier to identify!

Did you post this on bloodydecks? Them and all the fishing sites, someone knows this kid! He will get what is coming! you just need to blow it up all over the internet and facebook and eventually this piece of work will get what is coming!
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #40
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

what about those services online for searching public records for that license plate?
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote