Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Tandem Assassin

Going Off?

Turned on the webcam this morning at 5:20 and there where 10-12 yaks setting up. I know it's unpopular to say - but it looks like the squid must be in and the bite must be starting to turn on.
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
jorluivil

Hope no one gets mad over this post

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Unpopular to some, very popular to many others.
I saw a post from over the weekend where somebody thanked another for passing off some live squid. Others have mentioned squid being around for months.
When the candy is around the fish often play, though, you can't tell by most reports.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
Unpopular to some, very popular to many others.
I saw a post from over the weekend where somebody thanked another for passing off some live squid. Others have mentioned squid being around for months.
When the candy is around the fish often play, though, you can't tell by most reports.
I agree

You think my freezer doesn't have lobster in it just because I haven't posted anything?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I don't think i should be eating that much lobster and crabs...

Maybe ill just stock my freezer for the summer, i need to make some room.. I got to much squid in the freezer

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
I don't think i should be eating that much lobster and crabs...

Maybe ill just stock my freezer for the summer, i need to make some room.. I got to much squid in the freezer
I'll take some off your hands Frank...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
monkeyfishturds

For the life of me, i don't understand a post like this? Tandem, how does this enhance your fishing experience? Do you believe your helping your fellow kayakers?
How does over crowding help anyone? Now when your fellow kayakers get out there, they cannot cast freely where they want to. And if they do catch a fish, it's lost to tangles with boaters and kayakers.
There are 6000 members on this site. But only 15% participate. I've enjoyed reading fishing adventures since the 90's when Denise Spike started the first one. Then Jason Morton's "Kayaksportfishing", then Kiyo Sato's "Baytubers" and finally this one. I only register when my guest status expires and it's the only way to view these forums. I don't participate by choice. As does the other 85% of the people on this site. Here's my opinion, take it or leave it.
Only the most selfish type person would want some one to do the work for them. The enjoyment of discovery is lost in this way of thinking. You want to help others? Then post a fish report, describing the methods you use to catch your fish. That would help people more than creating a crowd that they would get frustrated in.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
jorluivil

How would you like your popcorn?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Billy V

Quite frankly - Its irresponsible horse shit that you post bad information like that, and your post was clearly designed to instigate trouble. Keep your FU Finger to yourself.

You have absolutely No quality or truthful information of any such thing happening - but yet you make a half assed assumption and state it for public record.

Piss Poor in my opinion. Maybe before you shoot your mouth off about such a thing you might decide to get off your ass and confirm it.

P.S. I don't use PM's to say what I want - I will type it here for everyone to see.

Last edited by Billy V; 11-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
For the life of me, i don't understand a post like this? I've enjoyed reading fishing adventures since the 90's when Denise Spike started the first one. Then Jason Morton's "Kayaksportfishing", then Kiyo Sato's "Baytubers" and finally this one. I only register when my guest status expires and it's the only way to view these forums. I don't participate by choice....... Only the most selfish type person would want some one to do the work for them.......
Have you ever heard of the word Hypocrite?

I got to ask because well, it's like you think your shit doesn't stink and it's reeking to high heaven.

Hypocrisy is like when someone pretends to have some desirable or publicly approved attitude, but at the same time their actions show they really do and think the opposite.

You want to talk about people being selfish: Dude you win the prize!!!!

You've lurked and poached other peoples info for decades, but ironically you're so full of yourself you self-righteously brag about it like it's some kind of virtue.

Only the most selfish type person would lurk on these boards for a decade or more and use others info without participating or giving one single thing back to the community. The fact you can't see that only suggests your some kind of sociopath who has no clue at all as to how his interactions appear or effect others.

Not only do you not give anything of value, but you actually attack those who do. That's an insult to everyone who does participate and even a bigger insult to those like Andy and others at BWE who moderate and try to make these boards worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
You want to help others? Then post a fish report, describing the methods you use to catch your fish. That would help people...
Who the F do you think you are telling him what to do?

I mean I might not agree with his post but where the hell do you get off coming on this board, telling him to post reports, and then even telling him what he should say in them when you have never posted a single report or anything of value here at all.

I've got a suggestion. You say you: "...don't participate by choice......."

Hey I'm all for it. Get lost! Get out of here! Leave this board to the people who do participate here.

It's their board and it's people like them not jerks like you have made this board as good as it is. That's why you come here right, to read their posts right!! Trust me they don't need some anonymous a-hole who's never given anything, who never contributed anything other then snipes and attacks and who has never helped anyone here at all... Hanging out using their info, and then attacking them for no reason.

Personally I love your post. It's so crazy it's kind of insane. It's like your saying: I've participated in these boards and the kayaking community for over a decade...by..not participating. HOW WEAK IS THAT!!!!

If you want to steal their info and give nothing in return... well fine.. you can get away with it, they can't stop you, but at least keep your stupid cyber trap shut!!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and you're not serious, and just trying to be stupid funny, but if that post is serious it's really pretty nuts.

Just my take...but somebody had to say it.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 11-16-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Turned on the webcam this morning at 5:20 and there where 10-12 yaks setting up. I know it's unpopular to say - but it looks like the squid must be in and the bite must be starting to turn on.
LOL... Yeah well go here...

http://magicseaweed.com/Scripps-Pier-La-Jolla-Surf-Report/296/detailedLongRange/us/#forecastTable

......and look at the stats for another explanation.

In a nutshell under 2ft surf through Friday when it jumps to 7ft late in the day. Saturday blown out, Sunday weird weather. Today and tomorrow are the days to go fishing squid or no squid...hell I almost went down there myself this morning.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
wiredantz

7ft Waves! i hope someone video tapes that!

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
sasha

I consider my self the new kid on the block still. Did catch anything to speak off and dont have the exp many of you do have. But im enough of an adult to know a few things. If you dont want to share your knowledge then dont, keep it to your self. Sit in that corner of yours and laugh to yourself that no one can catch as many or as nice of the fish that you can. But when some one is willing and does share the knowledge that they have even if its not as good as yours. There should be no reason what so ever for anyone to knock him around. What are you actualy afraid that someone like me might learn and actualy catch something. Do some people afraid that now they are not going to have the pleasure to sit in the corner and laugh at other for not catching a nice fish. Does that make you feel so much better then anyone else??
Im sure that the majority of people that dont join the forum also dont do much kayak fishing. If the only reason for you not to join is cause you are afraid that you might give away some information by mistake. Then im sorry for you if thats all that you have going for you in your life. As for people that give the wrong information to make sure people go out there at the wrong time and place. That is even lower on the ladder of life then monkeyturd. If you dont want to help then just keep it to your self. There is plenty of fish out there for kayakers. As for me i dont know much and i make more mistakes then anything else. But im more then willing to share what i do know and help a fellow kayaker out on the water. Im fortunat enough to meet some realy cool kayakers that are more then willing to share what they know and have. Just wish i have more time to join them on the adventures. Am i the only one that noticed the posts where fishing was bad but eveyone still had a blast cause they were out on the water with other kayakers having fun.
Why would anyone join a forum if they dont want to post anything and they get mad is someone else does post something??? Explain that one to me.

Sasha
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #14
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
Have you ever heard of the word Hypocrite?

I got to ask because well, it's like you think your shit doesn't stink and it's reeking to high heaven.

Hypocrisy is like when someone pretends to have some desirable or publicly approved attitude, but at the same time their actions show the really do and think the opposite.

You want to talk about people being selfish: Dude you win the prize!!!!

You've lurked and poached other peoples info for decades, but ironically you're so full of yourself you self-righteously brag about it like it's some kind of virtue.

Only the most selfish type person would lurk on these boards for a decade or more and use others info without participating or giving one single thing back to the community. The fact you can't see that only suggests your some kind of sociopath who has no clue at all as to how his interactions appear or effect others.

Not only do you not give anything of value, but you actually attack those who do. That's an insult to everyone who does participate and even a bigger insult to those like Andy and others at BWE who moderate and try to make these boards worthwhile.

Who the F do you think you are telling him what to do?

I mean I might not agree with his post but where the hell do you get off coming on this board, telling him to post reports, and then even telling him what he should say in them when you have never posted a single report or anything of value here at all.

I've got a suggestion. You say you: "...don't participate by choice.Hey I'm all for it. Get lost! Get out of here! Leave this board to the people who do participate here.

It's their board and it's people like them not jerks like you have made this board as good as it is. That's why you come here right, to read their posts right!! Trust me they don't need some anonymous a-hole who's never given anything, who never contributed anything other then snipes and attacks and who has never helped anyone here at all... Hanging out using their info, and then attacking them for no reason.

Personally I love your post. It's so crazy it's kind of insane. It's like your saying: I've participated in these boards and the kayaking community for over a decade...by..not participating. HOW WEAK IS THAT!!!!

If you want to steal their info and give nothing in return... well fine.. you can get away with it, they can't stop you, but at least keep your stupid cyber trap shut!!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and you're not serious, and just trying to be stupid funny, but if that post is serious it's really pretty nuts.

Just my take...but somebody had to say it.

Jim

Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
blitzburgh

What Jim said X2.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
PapaDave

What Jim said X3...

Pass the butter please.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Shit Jim, that was pure poetry.
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
monkeyfishturds

Sasha, I don't participate on this site because I don't fish San Diego. So I have nothing to offer and nothing to gain by reading. I just enjoy reading about the fine fish the San Diego locals catch. Also there's too much hate for giving ones opinion.
I replied to this because in my opinion, exposing bites is harmful to our fishery.
You said there are plenty of fish to go around. If that were true, the state of California would not have imposed so many catch regulations and now closures.
It's just my opinion, no need for name calling and hating me for it.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
Iceman
Administrator

I launched well before those 5:30 slackers and I can attest there were a few BSB caught today, but I did not see 1 kayaker pull in the right kind.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #20
wiredantz

Going to La Jolla Friday --- Let me cross that off my list