Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2022, 07:11 AM   #1
rweisson
Junior

Question Location of Hull ID in kayak

Hello group, I purchased a used Malibu Stealth 14 from another angler who customized it with a motor mounting bracket at the stern. The aluminum mounting plates cover most of the rear section so I can't see if there is a Hull ID number underneath, which I need to register it under my name. If you own a Stealth 14, do you know where Malibu stamped the Hull ID number? I'm hoping it's not in the stern area. Any ideas?...
rweisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Congratulations on your new kayak! and welcome to the forum.

Maybe the prior owner's registration is still in a safe place somewhere? Being a discontinued kayak makes this a tough question. The topic of knowing the serial number is something that all of us should know as if a kayak is lost or stolen, a police report will require it.

For most kayaks, the hull identification number(HIN) is on the stern or back end. I think Ocean Kayak is the only exception? If a Malibu owner on here does not reply, I would consider calling OEX? Good luck.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:26 AM   #3
Roscoe

Take from the owners manual

A kayak has basic features. The front of the kayak is the bow and the rear is the stern. When sitting in the kayak, facing the bow, the left side of the kayak is port and the right side of the kayak is starboard. The hull ID number (KPO sticker) can be found on the starboard side of the kayak at the stern.

Hope that helps
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote