Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
meandmylynx
Junior

Looking for a la jolla kayak fishing guide

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to kayak fishing. I have been paddling my standup board out to the fishing zone in la jolla for a couple of years now. I've always been able to catch the easy calico, barracuda, bonito variety. The sup was not very efficient, but it was still fun to do, and it was a hell of a workout. Anyway, i finally invested in a yak and now i'd like to learn the finer points of targeting the yellows and wsbs. I've landed plenty of these while spearfishing, but it seems like la jolla hook and line is a more challenging game. I'm looking for a guide who can give me tips on targeting some bigger fish. Hit me up if you can put me in touch with an experienced lj kayak angler. Thanks in advance. Peace my bros.
- torin 310-343-3168
meandmylynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
Polychrest
Junior

I also want to try La Jolla, saw this post from Jxjones and it looks tempting.

Second the Motion on SanDog
I know this is an old post, but if you're looking for a kayak guide service, Glenn runs a class-act business. A US Navy veteran, he's honest, trustworthy, and above all, fishy! And, he runs with some of the most experienced guides in SD. Look him up if you are in the market for a kayak guide. https://sandogkayakadventures.com
Polychrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
meandmylynx
Junior

Yeah sand dog is a cool dude. I met him in the water and he even gave me some bait. I know he's pretty busy right now. I reached out to him, but he couldn't give me any solid dates right now.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:48 AM   #4
SoCalEDC

Jim sammons (from the kayak fishing show) and Captain Wade Charters come to mind.

Both of them are established guides (Jim sammons probably has the best pedigree of any kayak guide in so cal IMO, having fished all over the world on his kayak), and Capt Wade is well known in the community.

Another kayak killer to mention although I don’t think he is still guiding but may be worth reaching out, would be Kevin Nakada the Sea Samurai.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #5
meandmylynx
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
Jim sammons (from the kayak fishing show) and Captain Wade Charters come to mind.

Both of them are established guides (Jim sammons probably has the best pedigree of any kayak guide in so cal IMO, having fished all over the world on his kayak), and Capt Wade is well known in the community.

Another kayak killer to mention although I don’t think he is still guiding but may be worth reaching out, would be Kevin Nakada the Sea Samurai.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.