Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
landwhale

Newport on the 16

Fished from the coast guard station this morning with Amish Ed launched at 6ish in the low tide muck sinking in to my shines.in 12" of water. The low tide made me move farther out past the buoys into 10 to 20 ft of water. We had planed to do some dock fishing but the super low tide and wind direction we fished the normal stretch zEd had to be off the water by 10:30 so it worked best for us. As its been lately picked at the fish for a total of 11 5 spotties 6 sand bass had the Uni Butter out and caught most of the fish on thr Z man Redbone and New Penny with one of the 5 legal coming on the Zoom Pumpkin Spice fished the out going tide into the incoming tide Great fishing with you Ed nice that Newport has been giving up enough fish to keep it interesting

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
tamddo714

thanks for the report! way to go out there
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
kayakfisherman

I went fishing at SanO the other day. Only got a pair
of Oakleys.
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
landwhale

That's a coincidence I fished San O the other day had an amazing day even though I didn't catch anything I donated a pair of Oakley's got caught in the beach backlash

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Amish Ed

Good times as always Steve. BTW, that mud sucked both literally and figuratively. I almost lost my shoes. Took them off. Walked a little farther out (to my knees in mucky mud), cut my foot on something in the muck, almost rolled my yak jumping in, then had to live with the smell for probably an hour before I wiped it all off and cleared the footwells. Did I say that sucked?

Yes, the bass are just feisty enough to keep going back. I only had 7 bass, but 5 were nice legals. Steve got a pic of my first (can you post that to either your Facebook page or mine?). After last week having 3 spawners, I had none this week. Almost all my fish again came on the New Penny Paddlerz. Got bit on other colors and styles, but couldn't make them stick. Hot Sauce was of course used for flavor.

Water was only sorta clear this week. The South wind was on it at launch time. It never did die, though it changed directions a few times. Once the tide turned around 8:00 it moved pretty good. Getting off the water early kinda stunk, but my Dad had to be driven to the VA. Will we back next week? Only time will tell, but I hope we can hit Mission Bay next.